Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton 'pathway' convinced me to join over rivals, says Evan Ferguson

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My outside bet for booooooooing - that would be well lush.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Great quote.

We really are. Against Newcastle, Gross ghosted in 2 or 3 times in the first half, and Pervis kept pushing inside as well - see Arsenal away also.
I particularly enjoyed Tim Howard moaning about Gross overlapping in the Brentford game, saying he should keep out of the way and let Adringra get on with it. Totally ignoring the fact that he dragged a defender with him by doing so, opening a path for Adingra to cut in on to his right foot. If it's so basic that even I can see it, it's baffling that a former player can't...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I particularly enjoyed Tim Howard moaning about Gross overlapping in the Brentford game, saying he should keep out of the way and let Adringra get on with it. Totally ignoring the fact that he dragged a defender with him by doing so, opening a path for Adingra to cut in on to his right foot. If it's so basic that even I can see it, it's baffling that a former player can't...

The gross counter attack goal at Goodison was also enjoyable. They never would’ve considered the ‘slow’ veteran a threat.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The gross counter attack goal at Goodison was also enjoyable. They never would’ve considered the ‘slow’ veteran a threat.
Gross is the cleverest footballer on the pitch I think I've ever seen play for Albion. In so many ways, he doesn't appear suited to the Premier League at all - one-paced, one trick, not a great tackler, not very big, not noticeably strong and yet there he is, popping up in the perfect position time and again with the technique to deliver. How the hell he avoids being utterly destroyed by top level wingers baffles me (obviously, with a bit of help from team-mates but still.... ).

He's a footballing genius - and not in the ironic Johnny Crumplin sense.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gross is the cleverest footballer on the pitch I think I've ever seen play for Albion. In so many ways, he doesn't appear suited to the Premier League at all - one-paced, one trick, not a great tackler, not very big, not noticeably strong and yet there he is, popping up in the perfect position time and again with the technique to deliver. How the hell he avoids being utterly destroyed by top level wingers baffles me (obviously, with a bit of help from team-mates but still.... ).

He's a footballing genius - and not in the ironic Johnny Crumplin sense.

I love his finishing. In the moment he shuts out everything, passing or smashing the ball into the net as if on the training ground.

It’s often said that can’t be taught. Locadia.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If Undav is on the move because he was 4th choice I wonder where Ferguson rates with RDZ? For me, if it’s behind Welbeck I’m scratching my head? If he fancies him then he will be starting Premier League matches. I’m expecting he will be starting cup games and coming on second half in the league.
Why does RdeZ have to ‘rate‘ his strikers in order at all ? With such a demanding season it’s all about load management, managing the peaks and troughs of player form based on training data and observation (and their development in RdeZ’s system), working out player attributes and partnerships depending on the opposition etc etc - horses for courses and all that. Ferguson, Welbeck and JP will all start numerous league and cup games, and none of them will start every game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was so pro Brentford in that game, largely it seemed, on the basis he’d had a nice chat with Thomas Frank….

el punal

If Undav is on the move because he was 4th choice I wonder where Ferguson rates with RDZ? For me, if it’s behind Welbeck I’m scratching my head? If he fancies him then he will be starting Premier League matches. I’m expecting he will be starting cup games and coming on second half in the league.
I think you have, in just one post, described why RDZ is the coach and not you, me, or anyone else. We can only assume what goes on - he knows.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I will repeat again - do not underestimate how good Evan Ferguson is - he is going to be one of the best players in the PL in a couple of years. He is mature far beyond his age and it is going to be very hard for RDZ to leave him out of the team this season.

By the way - there is another kid at Bohemians that is worth a look - James McManus - several PL teams sniffing around (Stoke are rumoured to have offered £1m for him a couple of weeks ago) and Brighton would be the perfect landing spot for him. He has been outstanding for Bohemians this season and will be snapped up in the near future. Another kid with the similar maturity of Ferguson (and sitting his school exams while still playing at a high level).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here