Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton 'pathway' convinced me to join over rivals, says Evan Ferguson

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"I was always coming over [to England] for trials," said Ferguson, who started out at the St Kevin's boys club in Dublin before moving on to League of Ireland side Bohemians. "I came to Brighton and thought 'that's the club for me'.

"It was the people and the fact they showed a pathway - it made me feel as though it was the right club.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"I know some of the players have gone through the different leagues and stuff like that but I have only known Brighton being in the Premier League." - Ferguson.

😭

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I don’t think RDZ fancies him as a player as much as we do, few comments last season .. he can improve, he must improve..

I wonder if it will be ‘he’s young we are managing his game time’ when he doesn’t get PL starts?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"I know some of the players have gone through the different leagues and stuff like that but I have only known Brighton being in the Premier League." - Ferguson.

😭
There'll be a growing-number of fans who will think Premier League status is just the way it's always been.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think RDZ fancies him as a player as much as we do, few comments last season .. he can improve, he must improve..

I wonder if it will be ‘he’s young we are managing his game time’ when he doesn’t get PL starts?
Don’t think that’s the case.

Hardly going to indicate to a young player, that he has nothing to learn.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
“The way we play as well, you have to be tuned in. You have to know everyone's position. As a striker, you have to do a few more different things which you might not have to do for a different team. But that is good. It gives you extra knowledge."

Total Football.
Great quote.

We really are. Against Newcastle, Gross ghosted in 2 or 3 times in the first half, and Pervis kept pushing inside as well - see Arsenal away also.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

He is pushing them he says that about Enciso he wasn’t happy with his Chelsea away performance after he scored the wonder goal.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
“The way we play as well, you have to be tuned in. You have to know everyone's position. As a striker, you have to do a few more different things which you might not have to do for a different team. But that is good. It gives you extra knowledge."

Total Football.
That’s why Undav is off

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

I think you are 100% wrong, he is pushing him.
He won’t start every game but he will start a fair few

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

No coach in their right mind is going to say things that could cause an 18 year old footballer to start believing they're the finished article. Instead they're going to say things about needing to improve, to keep working hard because that's how they go on to become the finished article.

And we'll almost certainly hear "we're managing his time" next season because he is young and we're going to be using him across four competitions.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great quote.

We really are. Against Newcastle, Gross ghosted in 2 or 3 times in the first half, and Pervis kept pushing inside as well - see Arsenal away also.

In the 4-1 against Chelsea, one of oue goals after a lightning counter attack there’re are about 6 Albion players in and around their box, including Estupinan.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

He’s already said that about Ferguson in the US based on how many minutes he’s had

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
No coach in their right mind is going to say things that could cause an 18 year old footballer to start believing they're the finished article. Instead they're going to say things about needing to improve, to keep working hard because that's how they go on to become the finished article.

And we'll almost certainly hear "we're managing his time" next season because he is young and we're going to be using him across four competitions.
I hope you’re right 👍 tricky trying to second guess RDZ but I thought it was unusual for a manager to say a player ‘must’ improve.. and to highlight him not keeping possession and ball distribution in a press conference? Was it Stoke?

I accept things are different now bringing on young players but Owen and Rooney were playing 40+ matches a season

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
RDZ obviously rates Ferguson.
If Undav is on the move because he was 4th choice I wonder where Ferguson rates with RDZ? For me, if it’s behind Welbeck I’m scratching my head? If he fancies him then he will be starting Premier League matches. I’m expecting he will be starting cup games and coming on second half in the league.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Undav is on the move because he was 4th choice I wonder where Ferguson rates with RDZ? For me, if it’s behind Welbeck I’m scratching my head? If he fancies him then he will be starting Premier League matches. I’m expecting he will be starting cup games and coming on second half in the league.
Why will he not start some Prem games? He did last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here