Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & 'Ove Albion v Sarfend United OFFICIAL THREAD.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I thought it was a good game let down by 3 bits of comedy defending. I'm so pissed off about that third goal, especailly as we were on top and going for the winner.

Had our goal not been disallowed or that shot gone in off the bar I'm pretty sure nobody would be slagging the whole team off at the moment. Peaple need to get things in perspective, it was a close game that we didn't really deserv to lose

I don't think they passed the ball to any midfielder all day. Just lump it up field and see what happens.

That was the least amout of lumping the ball forwards that I've seen at The Withdean for a long time. I know that's not saying much, but there were some very neat passing moves going on today. For me it's a step in the right direction, no way can it be described as long ball tactics.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Let's hope there's more pinging up than down for the team.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Slade sounded very unhappy with the back four, and said the solution was a change in personnel

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If we lose, then I, for the good of the team, will not go to another home game. I went to the first two, we lost. I missed the last one and we won. I'm going today, if we lose I shall consider myself a curse ad will stay away.

Sorry.

Fair enough. Well on that basis, looking today's result and our at our current league position, we are one of the worst teams in this division.

Or, you can look at the performance and how we took Southend to the brink, and they only barely beat us, and you can be very positive about where we will end up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sorry.

Or, you can look at the performance and how we took Southend to the brink, and they only barely beat us, and you can be very positive about where we will end up.

May I respectfully suggest you re-read your NSC signature...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
May I respectfully suggest you re-read your NSC signature...

The signature that suggest both winning and losing can be habit-forming? We won two before this, starting to pick up that habit, we went toe-to-toe with one of the division's top teams, and if we continue with our winning habit, instead of returning to a losing one, all will be good, and will fit in with today's performance (not today's result and position in the table).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think Southend are one of the top teams, I suspect they will end up in the middle of the pack (with us). Both teams have some nice attacking players but both defended very poorly, we probably had the more clear chances but it could have been 4-4, a win for us, a win for them, it was that type of game.
Unfortunately we've now got two very tough games, that I don't expect much from, lose them both and we're down at the wrong end and starting to get a decent way into the season, it will all be doom and gloom and Dennis Wise again. A win or even draw today would have softened that, we have made some progress but it's been undone by terrible defending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here