Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton 'one of the best in the world' Lopetegui

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
From the BBC website, don't know how to link. "Brighton in my opinion are one of the best teams playing football right now in the world. They play in a different way than the rest of the teams."

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It’s a nice comment, but personally I don’t really pay attention to these compliments. It feels like managers say nice things like this so if we beat them their next comment can be “well we were beaten by the best” or they beat us he can claim to have beaten a good team. It doesn’t feel genuine, more just a set up in controlling a narrative.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fact is in the context of money spent, wages paid, and how we play - we probably are.

I bounced the Steve Cooper thread because he kind of acknowledge it post match on Wednesday, effectively saying I don’t actually want to play like we did, I want to play like them but where we are we had to do what we did.

We are an amazing football team, and yeah like Wednesday it can go wrong when a couple of mistakes creep in, but I’m already excited about tomorrow - let’s hope the crowd isn’t too nervous and we do our bit to pick them up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s a nice comment, but personally I don’t really pay attention to these compliments. It feels like managers say nice things like this so if we beat them their next comment can be “well we were beaten by the best” or they beat us he can claim to have beaten a good team. It doesn’t feel genuine, more just a set up in controlling a narrative.
This. Nothing more than a fancy version of ‘these are a good team’.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Getting his excuses in early for an ugly, defensive, and cynical set of tactics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here