Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton odds for the forthcoming season - You in?

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Reading and Leeds to pull away early.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We are currently 5/1 to win promotion next season
We were 11/2 last summer, and I thought we had a better chance then, so no, I'm not in. Surely it'll take some time for Oscar to get used to football here, and his new players?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely it'll take some time for Oscar to get used to football here, and his new players?
Why?

What if Team Oscar is better than the second tier of English football?
Why would he have to get used to our football if he can win with his own style.

What is now his team were plenty good enough to be the fourth best team in the division.
By most accounts we've been playing an Oscaresque style, and any players bought in will only go to strengthen that.

Unsurprisingly I don't get the mantra of 'you need a manager who understands the C/ship, to get promoted from the c/ship'.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Reading and Leeds to pull away early.

LEEDS!!!??? They've got a good manager but not much on the pitch. They'll need to make 5 or 6 decent signings to be anywhere near the top IMO. Reading on the other hand, I've already backed them. Gonna try and find a price for Reading and us top 2..........

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
16-1 for promotion is now looking good

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
LEEDS!!!??? They've got a good manager but not much on the pitch. They'll need to make 5 or 6 decent signings to be anywhere near the top IMO. Reading on the other hand, I've already backed them. Gonna try and find a price for Reading and us top 2..........

Quite. Every single year someone touts Leeds for big things, I just don't get it. Their squad is mid-table quality at best.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We were 11/2 last summer, and I thought we had a better chance then, so no, I'm not in. Surely it'll take some time for Oscar to get used to football here, and his new players?

I disagree. Albion with Ulloa are a much stronger prospect than without, even with the loss of Bridge taken into account.

gavind

Banned
Jul 2, 2013
I think for me, this is one of those random odds.
smile2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here