Brighton Marathon Results

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
4:59 for me, having completed my Olympic Triathlon beforehand.

During the bike leg of that, I crashed after 10 miles, but carried on and was patched up by St Johns. They told me that there was NO WAY I could run, and there was a risk my leg might have to be amputated (no word of a lie), but I ignored them as the adrenaline and sheer-bloodymindedness took over.

Started Triathlon at 5:30am, finished marathon at 14:22. After that, spent six hours (and got 26 stitches for my trouble) at Worthing A&E, eventually getting home around midnight.

Certainly a day to remember, made all the better for the amazing crowds, including the hundreds wondering why I was running in a bike helmet and goggles…

Hopefully, the story will be part of the marathon coverage on Saturday on Channel Four.

This is you presumably, Greg? - Marathon man who battled injury is Local Hero

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
During the bike leg of that, I crashed after 10 miles, but carried on and was patched up by St Johns. They told me that there was NO WAY I could run, and there was a risk my leg might have to be amputated (no word of a lie), but I ignored them
No disrespect, but you're an idiot :)
No disrespect, but I don't think anyone associated with the two charities that will benefit from over £5,000 from my fundraising will care what you think. :moo:
I think it was meant as nicely as possible. And in the nicest way possible, he had a point.

I still can't work out if your incredibly brave or stupid!
Even I think I'm a bit of both, to be honest.
See! Seems you're a bit mad. But well done!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here