Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Marathon course 146m too short

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
That is good to read so obviously she wasn't having me on. I would think most of them that you mention are innocently advertised as Half marathon.

No there not. They are all probably within 400 metres of the advertised distance. No half marathon is ever between 7-10 miles. At absolute most an advertised half marathon might be 12 and three quarter miles.

Either you friend is talking pony or you haven't listened. I'd imagine it's the later.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's good to have you and know you are still wound up about it!!

He really does need to let it go, or have a rematch..........[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If it wasn't for our knees and guarantee of a full distance we would both be on the starting line next week. I must pop down next Friday and get the £45 entry for 2018...............

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perhaps I have been dismissive of the act of running, for that I apologise but I still maintain marathons are ultimately bad for your knees and other body parts. That aside, keep on running, as I will.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Perhaps I have been dismissive of the act of running, for that I apologise but I still maintain marathons are ultimately bad for your knees and other body parts. That aside, keep on running, as I will.

Offroad is much better, uses far more muscle groups and easier on the joints. Stick to the trails for long stuff [emoji106]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

They are a lot better for your knees than obesity, no exercise at all or football, to name a few

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] could do with the course being a few yards shorter this year. That way he might get his time under four hours with no extra effort. :lolol:

I watched him go over the line last year. I think Mr Clamp should show a little more respect for the hard yards NSCers put in. I think having the course precisely correct matters.

Guinness Boy isn't running it this year due to knee problems ironically. Knee problems caused by reactive tendonitis in the quadraceps tendon which, itself, was brought on by......playing 7-a-side football for short periods on soft grass. Knees were fine after Brighton Mara last year.

Anyway, the tendon is reacting less and less now I'm not playing football so I'm on for 2018 [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]. Just need to let my discount and place for deferring 2017 come through.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Offroad is much better, uses far more muscle groups and easier on the joints. Stick to the trails for long stuff [emoji106]

Don't stray onto the moors? I try and do off road but due to an old ankle injury I have to be very careful running on uneven ground. I try to pick fairly even routes when I'm up on the Downs. I spend so much time concentrating on not throwing my ankle that I don't enjoy it as I should. That's why I tend to stick to purpose built running tracks such as Withdean, I find them much easier on my ankle. Shame, I used to love hopping around and Fartlek training up and down hills.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Guinness Boy isn't running it this year due to knee problems ironically. Knee problems caused by reactive tendonitis in the quadraceps tendon which, itself, was brought on by......playing 7-a-side football for short periods.

Shush, don't mention my rheumatoid arthritis......see you in Preston Park next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here