Wood
Catlin Saward Hypia Adams
Coppel Mullery Horton Brady
Clough Poyet

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
strengthening the squad

a certain James Melia was a handy midfielder !
10 years at Liverpool 269 games > 76 goals
but
Oscar Garcia in... with Nobby on the bench!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Archie Macauley was a very useful inside forward who could also play as a wing back......would have fitted in to the current playing style quite well :thumbsup:

el punal

Peter Taylor (the first one) in goal. Defence - Chris Cattlin, Archie MacCauley (full backs), Pat Saward and Sami Hyypia (centre backs). Midfield - Alan Mullery, Brian Horton, Gus Poyet, Steve Coppell. Strikers - Mark McGhee and Brian Clough

Subs - Peter Taylor (the second one), Micky Adams, Jimmy Case, Liam Brady, Jeff Wood (Goal).

Half-Time Entertainment - Jimmy Melia

The list is endless, but just look at the strength of our midfield, if only we could play them in our current side! :bowdown:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Coppell, Clough and Dave Sexton would make a decent front three.......

Sadly, Dave Sexton never managed Brighton. If only we had got him after he was sacked by Man Utd in 1981...

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
I can't believe that Brady doesn't feature in every team, he was a sublime player, world class. However, virtually every permutation suggest would give our current lot a spanking. Who would manage them out of our ex-managers? Mike Bailey?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I can't believe that Brady doesn't feature in every team, he was a sublime player, world class.

So much this. I know Brian Horton is an Albion legend but he played for Port Vale, Brighton, Luton and Hull. On the other hand Brady played for Arsenal, Juventus, Sampdoria, Inter, Ascoli and West Ham. He is still considered one of Arsenal's all time great midfielders and possibly the best midfielder to ever come from the British Isles.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I can't believe that Brady doesn't feature in every team, he was a sublime player, world class. However, virtually every permutation suggest would give our current lot a spanking. Who would manage them out of our ex-managers? Mike Bailey?

Mike Bailey would turn this into a tight defensive unit.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So many to chose from :)

This begs the question, who has been our best manager that never made it to the top level of football as a player (but thats a thread for another day!)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about Steve Gritt...

Great manager in the circumstances. But as footballers go: loyal, long serving, solid and unremarkable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here