Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton manager rumours - who to replace Adams?

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Has anyone got any idea or preferance as to who would be in the frame to take over from Adams?

Have heard the same rumour from various sources about some of the people who are keeping tabs on the situation.

Doubt there is any truth in it but some of the names are quite cool.

I would have thought the normal names of Aidy Boothroyd, Iain Dowie, Ian Holloway et al would be in the mix but two I have heard were pretty random:

Frank Leboeuf and Paolo Di Canio.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Joke thread more like.

If anyone wants to bet with me that Micky will still be in charge next season I will happilly take your cash - easy money!

Remember, we are still paying DW - how many more managers can we pay for at once :lolol:

Besides, Micky will turn things round :thumbsup::bowdown:

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Has anyone got any idea or preferance as to who would be in the frame to take over from Adams?

Have heard the same rumour from various sources about some of the people who are keeping tabs on the situation.

Doubt there is any truth in it but some of the names are quite cool.

I would have thought the normal names of Aidy Boothroyd, Iain Dowie, Ian Holloway et al would be in the mix but two I have heard were pretty random:

Frank Leboeuf and Paolo Di Canio.

So what are the various sources and who are the people who are "keeping tabs on the situation"?

Where did you hear that Leboeuf and Di Canio might also be in the mix?

Pray tell. ???

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Joke thread more like.

If anyone wants to bet with me that Micky will still be in charge next season I will happilly take your cash - easy money!

Remember, we are still paying DW - how many more managers can we pay for at once :lolol:

I'll bet with you that we'll be in league 2 next season though.

For those more (ahem) mature fans out there.

This is the 1986-87 season in Groundhog fashion.

An ex Brighton player who is the fans favourite manager (Cattlin) is ousted in mysterious circumstances having nearly (but not quite) achived promotion with an unlikely combination of youngsters and old second hand used players............

and replaced with a two time promotion winning all time legend manager (Alan Mullery) returning for the second spell they always say peaople should never go back for.

who promptly takes a side that just missed out on promotion to the other end of the table playing the worst football some had seen in ten years........

and then, when relegation is a nailed on certainty, the manager with legendary status is sacked, and replaced with the chief scout, whose job is to get all the over earning players out and replace them with a team that is more "cost effective".

The name of the chief scout in 86-87 ?

Barry Lloyd!!!!

and who is the Chief scout in 2008-09 ?

Work it out dear readers..........

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
For those more (ahem) mature fans out there.

This is the 1986-87 season in Groundhog fashion.

An ex Brighton player who is the fans favourite manager (Cattlin) is ousted in mysterious circumstances having nearly (but not quite) achived promotion with an unlikely combination of youngsters and old second hand used players............

and replaced with a two time promotion winning all time legend manager (Alan Mullery) returning for the second spell they always say peaople should never go back for.

who promptly takes a side that just missed out on promotion to the other end of the table playing the worst football some had seen in ten years........

and then, when relegation is a nailed on certainty, the manager with legendary status is sacked, and replaced with the chief scout, whose job is to get all the over earning players out and replace them with a team that is more "cost effective".

The name of the chief scout in 86-87 ?

Barry Lloyd!!!!

and who is the Chief scout in 2008-09 ?

Work it out dear readers..........

I think I still have my red card from that protest at the goldstone somwhere

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Joke thread more like.

Did anyone take that bet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here