Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose bank funding for Falmer, or something similar

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Well, we all know how some people on NSC hate LIARS :down:

Sorry to bother you again E.P. I'm not stalking, honest.
Don't you think your new signature is going to attract your own band of lickers?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agree completely. Some of the bile shown to SF and bhadeb on this thread is quite frankly pathetic.

Pathetic? Really? They are quite happy, as they have done in the past, to muddy our screens with vomitous diatribes. Surely a little hepar secretion is the least they both deserve.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
BoF. I know that they invite this abuse and I did say "some" of the abuse. I'm not defending their views, merely their right to say them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What suprises me about this is that people are saying that the Blooms are backing it financially and then querying as to whether they have that kind of money when there is 1 person close to the club,who could put up that amount in cash and still have more than that cash left apart from his investments.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BoF. I know that they invite this abuse and I did say "some" of the abuse. I'm not defending their views, merely their right to say them.

Of course, I shall defend their rights to tap away and provide their views, but I shall continue to oppose their views when I disagree with them.

Their views tend to be very thready, seemingly, and I shall bow down when their outlandish claims are proven.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What suprises me about this is that people are saying that the Blooms are backing it financially and then querying as to whether they have that kind of money when there is 1 person close to the club,who could put up that amount in cash and still have more than that cash left apart from his investments.

As you keep reminding us!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Pathetic? Really? They are quite happy, as they have done in the past, to muddy our screens with vomitous diatribes. Surely a little hepar secretion is the least they both deserve.

Mr Fun, you seem a well educated & sensible poster, These people must have done something really bad to make you so angry, But do you not agree( as I said in another thread) Every post by these people is followed by the same group of posters saying more or less the same things over & over. Is it not time to move on?

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
Of course, I shall defend their rights to tap away and provide their views, but I shall continue to oppose their views when I disagree with them.

Their views tend to be very thready, seemingly, and I shall bow down when their outlandish claims are proven.

It's fine to oppose a view but the way some people are to my wife on here is out of order - she is allowed her opinion and so is everyone else but some idiots on here get personal and that is out of order

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just possibly....

The stadium is being funded by

a) Grants
b) Private Investor Unknown
c) Loan

This seems to me to be the obvious reality and perhaps it is (B) who want to keep that under wraps at the moment.

( Talk of "which bank" is a red herring )

I wouldn't be surprised if (c) is proven a little difficult at the moment and if the stadium was relying on just that beyond the grants I'd be worried and frankly surprised it was going ahead.

The fact that (b) exists ( and always had done - not just because (c) is proving difficult ) leads me to believe why the finance has never really been a show stopper, in the sense the work is going ahead...

.. even though (c) still needs to be found.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think in these difficult financial times people with money will want to hang on to it as it was reported tha suddenly Sandbanks has seen many people lose a lot of their wealth and some are even struggling. Apparently Arry would lose £5=10m on the value of his property if he sold it now.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Easy.....you know what tribe the Bloom eminate from:falmer:

By the way Steve was it Darren Bloom you were talking too?

:lolol: I do as my old man is friendly with Ray and I went to school with his daughter. The post was a callous jibe towards Mr Foster who has been voicing his undying support for the Israeli movement. Consider as a bit of tasteless baiting!

Mr Fun, you seem a well educated & sensible poster, These people must have done something really bad to make you so angry, But do you not agree( as I said in another thread) Every post by these people is followed by the same group of posters saying more or less the same things over & over. Is it not time to move on?

I am not sure about either of those primary comments, but do take your point. I shall resist in future for fear of ulcers and what have you.

It's fine to oppose a view but the way some people are to my wife on here is out of order - she is allowed her opinion and so is everyone else but some idiots on here get personal and that is out of order

I have got personal in the past and would apologise for that. I do agree that bhadeb is entitled to her view, but it is particularly contentious and there is nothing offered to substantiate her viewpoint and the 'facts' that we are dealt or not in this case.

As R. Slicker succinctly pointed out, perhaps it is time to put the whole charade to bed. I hereby vow never to respond to a single post from bhadeb.

I don't know the truth about the funding, not one person who has posted on this thread does INCLUDING Lord B who some seem to regard as the all-knowing oracle. He ain't . He may be more informed than most on this subject but commercially sensitive information like this would be known to only a handful of people on a need to know basis.
Quite right. I know very little about the Club's business plan and what I do know is only what was put into the public domain some years ago.

All I have said of any substance on this thread is:-

(1) the Club is under an obligation to satisfy the City Council's finance officers that it is safe for the Council to transfer control of the stadium site to the Club; and

(2) that this obligation is nothing to do with the Council having any doubts about the business plan.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just possibly....

The stadium is being funded by

a) Grants
b) Private Investor Unknown
c) Loan

This seems to me to be the obvious reality and perhaps it is (B) who want to keep that under wraps at the moment.

( Talk of "which bank" is a red herring )

I wouldn't be surprised if (c) is proven a little difficult at the moment and if the stadium was relying on just that beyond the grants I'd be worried and frankly surprised it was going ahead.

The fact that (b) exists ( and always had done - not just because (c) is proving difficult ) leads me to believe why the finance has never really been a show stopper, in the sense the work is going ahead...

.. even though (c) still needs to be found.

I think that this is the most likely scenario at the current time.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't know the truth about the funding, not one person who has posted on this thread does INCLUDING Lord B who some seem to regard as the all-knowing oracle. He ain't . He may be more informed than most on this subject but commercially sensitive information like this would be known to only a handful of people on a need to know basis. So all these people slagging off SF and bhadeb are doing so from a position of ignorance.
That is the whole point, no one knows where the funding is coming from apart from the directors. We are all in a position of ignorance, that is why it is so annoying when the same posters come on here saying that we haven't got funding and the scheme is going to fail. bhadeb, big gully deano etc all seem to turn up at the same time spouting the same bullshit. Some of those usernames are most likely the same person. The reason they get abuse is because they come on here with cryptic messages and tales of people 'in the know', basically we all know they are lies. They haven't got a clue any more than you or I have, but what they do seem to have is an anti Dick Knight agenda.
My problem is that if you throw enough shit, eventually some will stick, and that is what they are doing, just slinging constant shit in the hope that someone will eventually believe them. Is it any wonder thay get abuse?

Easy.....you know what tribe the Bloom eminate from:falmer:

By the way Steve was it Darren Bloom you were talking too?

I am not name dropping, and I do know Darren (Anthony's older brother) well, but it wasn't him. Believe it or not he is much more discrete than to speak to me. However, I assure you that my source is 99% right. I have never known not to presume otherwise. I hope that the club will make an announcement this week on the matter - not that it will effect the new stadium being built.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I am not name dropping, and I do know Darren (Anthony's older brother) well, but it wasn't him. Believe it or not he is much more discrete than to speak to me. However, I assure you that my source is 99% right. I have never known not to presume otherwise. I hope that the club will make an announcement this week on the matter - not that it will effect the new stadium being built.

So the thread title is bollocks and it won't affect the stadium being built then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here