Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton "Legends" in current Brighton squad.

jd312

Feb 19, 2011
I think we have a lot of them. Players that will leave a footprint in our minds for years to come. I'm talking Calderón, El-Abd, Greer, Tano, Bridcutt, Buckley and of course the Vicente (even though he may have only played 17 games). Admittedly I was never around in the 80's could these players be the modern day equivalent?

(they may also be other players your think are worthy of this status)???

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
In 10 years time, the only ones we'll remember are Buckley for winning us our first game at the AMEX and Vicente as he was our first big name significant singing.

jd312

Feb 19, 2011
In 10 years time, the only ones we'll remember are Buckley for winning us our first game at the AMEX and Vicente as he was our first big name significant singing.

Maybe true but this is why I wanted to know what peoples opinions. It is subjective.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
For me El-Abd and Vicente are the only players who would make the all time 11 from our current squad. Not forgetting Stuart Tuck

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
For me El-Abd and Vicente are the only players who would make the all time 11 from our current squad

As much as I love Adam el Abd I'd struggle to put him above the likes of Foster and Lawrenson at centre half in an all time Albion eleven

Until the players and manager can lift us into the Prem then I cannot see how they can be called legends.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As it stands none of the present squad would enter the realms of legend for many years to come, although some may eventually it is too early to class any as legends. Buckley will be remembered for giving us our first win at The Amex as Stuart Storer is for scoring the last at The Goldstone.

As much as I love Adam el Abd I'd struggle to put him above the likes of Foster and Lawrenson at centre half in an all time Albion eleven

Legend can't just be based on ability, Adam is currently a one club man who has made nearly if not has 300 appearances to his name, he gives his all every game, is 100% behind the club. A player whom most including me wrote off 3 years ago as a waste of space, went on to become player of the year, has had an outstanding season and has an international cap to his name. I think he is defiantly a legend. :clap::clap::clap:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Legend can't just be based on ability, Adam is currently a one club man who has made nearly if not has 300 appearances to his name, he gives his all every game, is 100% behind the club. A player whom most including me wrote off 3 years ago as a waste of space, went on to become player of the year, has had an outstanding season and has an international cap to his name. I think he is defiantly a legend. :clap::clap::clap:

Yes NS, thats the spirit

Yes NS, thats the spirit

adam-el-abd-portfolio.jpg
:love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here