Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Kits in timeline order

Jul 7, 2003
Took me two goes as I got the two IT First kits the wrong way around.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Umm, I got 0/8 3 times. Didn't read the question properly. Was getting frustrated as I was sure I was correct re the oldest kit. Would have got 8/8 had I read the question properly. I blame Mrs 5ways for forcing Italian sparkling wine on me before I'd really woken up!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I got it second go, got the two oldest American Express kits around the wrong way first time.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
They’re not all Premier League kits , surely?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was Brit Cal the first ? On the shiny blue adidas kit ? I don't remember anything before.
It was indeed, 1980, of course people remember from before then, I do just about, but it was 42+ years ago. So pretty much anyone 52+ has only ever seen/remembers sponsored kits. Personally they don’t bother me, some are iconic (Skint, Crown Paints, JVC), some are forgettable and the current profusion of betting brands IMO is really bad for the game, and worse for those who are blighted by gambling addiction.

www.gamblingwithlives.org

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It was indeed, 1980, of course people remember from before then, I do just about, but it was 42+ years ago. So pretty much anyone 52+ has only ever seen/remembers sponsored kits. Personally they don’t bother me, some are iconic (Skint, Crown Paints, JVC), some are forgettable and the current profusion of betting brands IMO is really bad for the game, and worse for those who are blighted by gambling addiction.

Bukta is my first kit, and still my favourite.
BC Adidas
Phoenix
Spall Nobo
Then meh.

I remember santex, TSB and a few others, but not with any fondness TBH it took me 2 goes to guess the order of some of those, they're utterly forgettable, with the exception of skint.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Woeful

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
5/8

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

The need to have a plain background for the sponsors' logo was given as the reason for the move from the Bukta stripes to the adidas all-blue at the time, you may remember.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Got all 8 on the 3rd attempt. Happy with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here