• NOC- Conservative Largest Group

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just remember that The Argus has history for trying to promote political non-issues and has always been on the Green's back. I was well versed with happenings in the Green Party for somewhile and The Argus was full of slanted bollocks.

The one thing that unites folk generally is a loathing for that rag.
It was never the same after Dick Damage stopped reading it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The Greens don't have a majority though, they have four of the ten seats on the planning committee. This is the benefits of a hung council.

Assuming they are all willing to work together.

The Hove Station neighbourhood thingy is a cross party consensus thing isn't it ?
I thought he backed out of active politics after the racist tweets debacle?
With PR is that a tall order in a city split 3 ways? Just 33.7% of the vote last time.
They need 11 more Cllrs. The greens could easily lose 6-7, you won’t get 7 indies, they will go to mainstream and the Cons ain’t gonna sweep up and and the greens know they won’t and I can see the cons losing 2-3 as well, I’m confident of a Labour majority come the 5th May although we probably won’t know the results for a week while they mess about counting as usual!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is Swale BC blue and UKIP (or whatever they call themselves these days)?
Solid Tory. Lots of cap-doffing working class conservatives here, still living in fear of Harold Wilson and his white heat of technology (which they think will put them all out of the jobs, er, they no longer have). Think of the scythes!

In seriousness, my constituency is Maidstone where that hatchet-faced bat whose name escapes me holds sway. Maidstone. Oh well, never mind.

(We have a very good liberal group here in Faversham who normally win the local council. I tend to vote for them locally).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They need 11 more Cllrs. The greens could easily lose 6-7, you won’t get 7 indies, they will go to mainstream and the Cons ain’t gonna sweep up and and the greens know they won’t and I can see the cons losing 2-3 as well, I’m confident of a Labour majority come the 5th May although we probably won’t know the results for a week while they mess about counting as usual!
They need to up their vote by 50%, it can only come from Greens, as the Tory vote is now a smaller but solid post Brexit rump.

Have the Greens p-offed their supporters in the city since 2019?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Solid Tory. Lots of cap-doffing working class conservatives here, still living in fear of Harold Wilson and his white heat of technology (which they think will put them all out of the jobs, er, they no longer have). Think of the scythes!

In seriousness, my constituency is Maidstone where that hatchet-faced bat whose name escapes me holds sway. Maidstone. Oh well, never mind.

(We have a very good liberal group here in Faversham who normally win the local council. I tend to vote for them locally).
I’m aware that your in the midst of big Brexit areas, both the working class folk in the rundown coastal towns and posh Brexiteers in the countryside. Bob and you are the last Lefties standing :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m aware that your in the midst of big Brexit areas, both the working class folk in the rundown coastal towns and posh Brexiteers in the countryside. Bob and you are the last Lefties standing :lolol:
Don't forget my lad. And Mrs T. And my next door neighbour. And her next door neighbour. And the couple opposite. And the couple three doors up. And the family opposite them. But apart from that, you're not wrong.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'll go with the first and early prediction, having done some number crunching:

Labour 24
Green 22
Tory 7
Independent 1

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'll go with the first and early prediction, having done some number crunching:

Labour 24
Green 22
Tory 7
Independent 1
Do you think the Tories will go that low? They will surely still most likely win Patcham and Woodingdean in Brighton, and Hove Park in Hove, won't they? I suppose Rottingdean and Wish are fairly likely to go Labour, given the recent by-election results.

I wonder, is John Boy standing again? He only lost in Hangleton and Knoll last time by 2 votes. He and I probably wouldn't see eye to eye politically (he was more on the Corbynista wing of the Labour Party, whereas I am a brassed off ex-One Nation Conservative), but he is a top bloke, and I shared many a good evening in the Preston Brewery Tap with him after games at Withdean. I never see him in the North Stand nowadays. Does anyone know if he still has a season ticket?

As for me, up here in Wealden I plan to vote Green for the first time ever. Yes, it is a national protest vote to a certain extent, though there are considerable local elements to it too. I got extremely fed up with the mess the current administration made of the bin strike - we had uncollected recycling and waste for weeks on end, and had to resort to going to the local amenity tip, which we could only use (it's in West Sussex, in Mid Sussex District), as we have a RH19 and East Grinstead postal address. Also, they are the only party round here that takes any interest in the local area. We used to be in Forest Row Ward, but are now in Danehill and Fletching, neither of which we are really close to. The Greens deliver a regular newsletter, explaining all they are getting up to in the area, whereas we have not heard once from the local councillor since he was elected. It's the same at County level too. Forest Row is now a Green stronghold locally, and they won Withyham (which includes Groombridge) too in 2019. They have also won by-elections in Hartfield and Maresfield since 2019, meaning that our part of Wealden is now almost all theirs. Hopefully, along with the Lib Dems in Uckfield and Hailsham, we shall have some real opposition locally after the election.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Does he make legal threats against this place if he’s talked about here, especially during pre-elections? :lol:
He is what he is. But on reflection, I’m going to edit my post. I don’t want him harassing the site admins again. Could you do the same please?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do you think the Tories will go that low? They will surely still most likely win Patcham and Woodingdean in Brighton, and Hove Park in Hove, won't they? I suppose Rottingdean and Wish are fairly likely to go Labour, given the recent by-election results.

I wonder, is John Boy standing again? He only lost in Hangleton and Knoll last time by 2 votes. He and I probably wouldn't see eye to eye politically (he was more on the Corbynista wing of the Labour Party, whereas I am a brassed off ex-One Nation Conservative), but he is a top bloke, and I shared many a good evening in the Preston Brewery Tap with him after games at Withdean. I never see him in the North Stand nowadays. Does anyone know if he still has a season ticket?

As for me, up here in Wealden I plan to vote Green for the first time ever. Yes, it is a national protest vote to a certain extent, though there are considerable local elements to it too. I got extremely fed up with the mess the current administration made of the bin strike - we had uncollected recycling and waste for weeks on end, and had to resort to going to the local amenity tip, which we could only use (it's in West Sussex, in Mid Sussex District), as we have a RH19 and East Grinstead postal address. Also, they are the only party round here that takes any interest in the local area. We used to be in Forest Row Ward, but are now in Danehill and Fletching, neither of which we are really close to. The Greens deliver a regular newsletter, explaining all they are getting up to in the area, whereas we have not heard once from the local councillor since he was elected. It's the same at County level too. Forest Row is now a Green stronghold locally, and they won Withyham (which includes Groombridge) too in 2019. They have also won by-elections in Hartfield and Maresfield since 2019, meaning that our part of Wealden is now almost all theirs. Hopefully, along with the Lib Dems in Uckfield and Hailsham, we shall have some real opposition locally after the election.
I can see them losing Hangleton, Wooders and Rotters. Maybe lose a seat in Wish (or maybe that's because I don't like the incumbent's politics). 7 may be a bit low. But I think less than 12 could be on. The Greens made great strides in the Patcham by-election and Labour switchers could make a difference (possibly too soon for there though).

But it's always impossible to call. I'm not up on the local popularity of candidates.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Funny story about the rural Greens. I lived in a village out there and was asked if I wanted to stand as a paper candidate for the district council just to get a name on the ballot paper. There was only one candidate. I didn't go through with it.

A good job too.

I woke up on the Friday to find the one candidate had won one of the seats.

I could just imagine the telephone going at 8am and Mrs Bucket asking me what I was going to do about the pot holes. 'Wrong number, love' 'Oh, I thought this was Councillor Lines....'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Isn’t Wealden staunchly Tory?

I know a lot of people through work in the district, ‘working class’ to wealthy business people, apart from 2 LibDems I think, all loyally blue. Even the Remainers.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I think the Greens will hoover up a lot more seats at these Locals. Tory voters will stay away and I think the current Labour Party seems to appealing more to those Red Wall seats currently and a lot of Labour voters will vote Green.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here