• NOC- Labour Largest Group

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • NOC- Conservative Largest Group

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I see both Labour’s co-leaders aren’t restanding for election. Neither is Nancy Platts.

If Labour do win, who’s going to run the council and be the Leader?

Someone moderate and local I hope!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm quite enjoying this election, there are lots of shocks in store, I reckon but I reckon the Greens and Tories may well lose a few. I went to one hustings where neither Greens nor Tories turned up, so they must know what's coming. Mrs Gwylan is standing - she won't win but it's been interesting have a close view of what's going on

Wish her good luck from me. I would expect, given your postings on here over the years, that if elected she would make a very good councillor, whatever her party :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just wow, Greens announce their manifesto for this upcoming election, my favourite from these lunatics is they plan to collect recycling weekly and only collect refuse fortnightly, unbelievable and from a council who still hasn’t picked up the recycled Christmas trees from last Christmas from Montpelier Crescent .

More drivel from you. The manifesto mentions refuse twice, both of which are innocuous. You've either been fooled, or you're a liar. Which one is it?

I’ve only just noticed this rather obnoxious reply from you, so you’re suggesting I’ve been fooled or am lying when I suggested in their manifesto “they plan to collect recycling weekly and refuse fortnightly” mmm

Here it is in green and white…..

IMG_0293.jpeg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So the excitement is building around the election - here's our very own Timmy's ( aka @Falmerfourtickets ) profile in his very own B&H News. Weirdly doesn't mention anything about cyclists or fog. I wonder what a 'Service Consultant' is ? Twat maybe ? :

"Conservative candidate Tim Hodges, 54, is a service consultant. He is on Twitter @hovebornandbred. He said: “I want to be a councillor so I can represent others and follow the philosophy that everything the council does is resident-led.

We have to move away from local councillors trying their best to influence national politics. It is not visible and there is so much more those elected can spend their time on locally.

I am 100 per cent real Brightonian ( I particularly like Paul Valley ) – born in Buckingham Road and brought up in Hangleton. I have lived in Brighton and Hove all my life and since 2015 have worked in the city as well.

I want to stand in Hangleton as I am a Hangleton lad. Growing up at the top of Poynings Drive and enjoying my formative years exploring around Toads Hole and the old railway line. Hangleton need representatives who understand and appreciate the local domain.

Having grown up in social housing, I understand how vital it is to be represented by someone who is from the area they represent. It will be an honour to represent Hangleton and Knoll in the chamber.

Key issues in the ward are protecting green spaces, ensuring refuge and recycling collections follow a regular pattern and repairing the various potholes.

Also protecting Hangleton from too much disruption and ensuring it continues to be a nice place to live.”

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
And of course we have another NSC'er standing - the very @Steve Foster - he's shy in the local press though - preferring not to use his real name or indicate he's a Tory party member. Does a mean racist joke though ! Oh Ivan - all dog walkers ignore the on lead walking at Waterhall so it's a non-issue. Here's his profile :

"Conservative candidate Ivan Lyons, 55, is an independent financial adviser. He said: “Having lived in the city all my life, together with my son and grandchildren, I am seeking to make our locality cleaner, tidier, to sort the rubbish, improve the transport and a safer and more pleasant place for businesses to locate and encourage employment – rather than employers electing to locate to other Sussex towns.

Having lived in Westdene for the last eight years, I have witnessed the current administration turning a blind eye to the residents’ needs.

For example, imposing a one-way system around Westdene school without any consultation with residents, failing to cut weeds over footpaths preventing the elderly from leaving their homes, continued bin missing collections without explanation, not dealing with graffiti and broken benches and not listening to residents safety requirements such as crossings in Old Shoreham Road and Shirley Drive.

I am seeking to make our ward a safer, cleaner and more pleasant place to live, rest and work in.

There are issues with parking in the ward, including around the boundary of Zone P, which extends between Hove Park and Westdene.

Residents are concerned about the Labour-Green LCWIP Transport Plan, which includes a provision to bring back the hugely unpopular and congestion-causing Old Shoreham Road Cycle Lanes.

Only the Conservatives will stop the return of these lanes.

There’s an ongoing need to fully engage with residents regarding the significant Toads Hole Valley development that will impact the surrounding road network.

Dog walkers are concerned about the council’s plan to restrict off-lead walking at Waterhall.”

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So the excitement is building around the election - here's our very own Timmy's ( aka @Falmerfourtickets ) profile in his very own B&H News. Weirdly doesn't mention anything about cyclists or fog. I wonder what a 'Service Consultant' is ? Twat maybe ? :

"Conservative candidate Tim Hodges, 54, is a service consultant. He is on Twitter @hovebornandbred. He said: “I want to be a councillor so I can represent others and follow the philosophy that everything the council does is resident-led.

We have to move away from local councillors trying their best to influence national politics. It is not visible and there is so much more those elected can spend their time on locally.

I am 100 per cent real Brightonian ( I particularly like Paul Valley ) – born in Buckingham Road and brought up in Hangleton. I have lived in Brighton and Hove all my life and since 2015 have worked in the city as well.

I want to stand in Hangleton as I am a Hangleton lad. Growing up at the top of Poynings Drive and enjoying my formative years exploring around Toads Hole and the old railway line. Hangleton need representatives who understand and appreciate the local domain.

Having grown up in social housing, I understand how vital it is to be represented by someone who is from the area they represent. It will be an honour to represent Hangleton and Knoll in the chamber.

Key issues in the ward are protecting green spaces, ensuring refuge and recycling collections follow a regular pattern and repairing the various potholes.

Also protecting Hangleton from too much disruption and ensuring it continues to be a nice place to live.”

'Having grown up in social housing' ? Must be a completely changed man, as they were one of his prime targets in his snobbery routines IIRC :shrug:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
And of course we have another NSC'er standing - the very @Steve Foster - he's shy in the local press though - preferring not to use his real name or indicate he's a Tory party member. Does a mean racist joke though ! Oh Ivan - all dog walkers ignore the on lead walking at Waterhall so it's a non-issue. Here's his profile :

"Conservative candidate Ivan Lyons, 55, is an independent financial adviser. He said: “Having lived in the city all my life, together with my son and grandchildren, I am seeking to make our locality cleaner, tidier, to sort the rubbish, improve the transport and a safer and more pleasant place for businesses to locate and encourage employment – rather than employers electing to locate to other Sussex towns.

Having lived in Westdene for the last eight years, I have witnessed the current administration turning a blind eye to the residents’ needs.

For example, imposing a one-way system around Westdene school without any consultation with residents, failing to cut weeds over footpaths preventing the elderly from leaving their homes, continued bin missing collections without explanation, not dealing with graffiti and broken benches and not listening to residents safety requirements such as crossings in Old Shoreham Road and Shirley Drive.

I am seeking to make our ward a safer, cleaner and more pleasant place to live, rest and work in.

There are issues with parking in the ward, including around the boundary of Zone P, which extends between Hove Park and Westdene.

Residents are concerned about the Labour-Green LCWIP Transport Plan, which includes a provision to bring back the hugely unpopular and congestion-causing Old Shoreham Road Cycle Lanes.

There’s an ongoing need to fully engage with residents regarding the significant Toads Hole Valley development that will impact the surrounding road network.

Dog walkers are concerned about the council’s plan to restrict off-lead walking at Waterhall.”
Well, Ivan sure has a lot of things in his bucket list that I’d go along with. Luckily I escaped Westdene a couple of years ago to the the sticks - for many of the reasons he states. I had to go there today and the potholed roads are just dreadful.
I know the council is committed to a recycling contract - they just can’t help themselves can they? Why don’t they negotiate a change to it? The place is falling to rack and ruin. The greens seem to be playing the fiddle while Rome burns.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

No more online jokes about Muslims and the Disabled that were 'unconditionally condemned' by Brighton and Hove Conservatives when he stood at the last council elections (and was forced to stand down).

What with him and Timmy, it's really heartening the way people can see the light and change their views completely just before they stand as a candidate :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
No more online jokes about Muslims and the Disabled that were 'unconditionally condemned' by Brighton and Hove Conservatives when he stood at the last council elections (and was forced to stand down).

What with him and Timmy, it's really heartening the way people can see the light and change their views completely just before they stand as a candidate :thumbsup:
It is somewhat strange that someone can make those jokes previously and be forced to stand down yet then be allowed to stand later on .... the cynic in me thinks they hope people will forget .... unfortunately for @Steve Foster NSC is like an elephant 🦣

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ve only just noticed this rather obnoxious reply from you, so you’re suggesting I’ve been fooled or am lying when I suggested in their manifesto “they plan to collect recycling weekly and refuse fortnightly” mmm

Here it is in green and white…..

View attachment 160009
Just stick your first couple of refuse bags in the bottom and middle of the recycling bin. Simples.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I'm proud to have voted this Government in and will vote Conservative again. Lucas and the greenies are the biggest joke even beyond Labour that politics in this country has ever seen.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm proud to have voted this Government in and will vote Conservative again. Lucas and the greenies are the biggest joke even beyond Labour that politics in this country has ever seen.

I really wouldn't know where to start to try and explain :dunce:

:lolol:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Is the word LOCAL too long for you to understand ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All the manifesto’s pledge to clear pavements, weeds etc.

After a 4 year break BHCC’s current administration have authorised the scalping of verges to mud through sit on mowers. Twice already this year in our road.

What happened to the no mow policy? Anyone would think there’s an election coming up.

I preferred the no mow policy, over 100 miles wild flowers thrived and therefore insects.

Chaotic, no strategy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here