• NOC- Labour Largest Group

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • NOC- Conservative Largest Group

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Did you return a green Cllr in the end?
I did, returned two. I’m surprised at the Labour majority, I thought they’d be the largest party. Still the people have spoken, I accept the result. Been a good day for the Greens nationally which has softened the blow for me somewhat. Watching the tories get skewered pretty much everywhere has been fun today.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I did, returned two. I’m surprised at the Labour majority, I thought they’d be the largest party. Still the people have spoken, I accept the result. Been a good day for the Greens nationally which has softened the blow for me somewhat. Watching the tories get skewered pretty much everywhere has been fun today.
Davis & Pickett?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really?

It’s a shared operation as of 2021 with Greens & Labour having the same number of seats, prior to that in 2016 it was a Labour run council
View attachment 160538

I was aware.

My point is that Brighton and Bristol normally return large numbers of Green councillors. Pretty rare in the UK.

For a non Labour/Tory/LibDem party to gain overall control, under PR, is near to impossible.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Congratulations to Labour who have done incredibly well in Brighton & Hove. It has been a bad day for the Greens & the Conservatives, however, from a personal perspective I am delighted that I have been given the honour & privilege to represent all the residents of Westdene & Hove Park even as a Conservative Councillor!

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Congratulations to Labour who have done incredibly well in Brighton & Hove. It has been a bad day for Labour & the Conservatives, however, from a personal perspective I am delighted that I have been given the honour & privilege to represent the residents of Westdene & Hove Park for the Conservatives.

Do you mean Green’s and Conservative?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Congratulations to Labour who have done incredibly well in Brighton & Hove. It has been a bad day for Labour & the Conservatives, however, from a personal perspective I am delighted that I have been given the honour & privilege to represent the residents of Westdene & Hove Park for the Conservatives.
I agree. Becoming the largest party in local government for the first time since 2002 is a rotten feeling :lolol:

Now use those brains you were born with and have made you successful. Get rid of all your silly political biases, all of you, and work for the good of the city. You are more than capable. Oh, good luck and well done on your election.

I knew a Tory councillor in Hove once, Brian Oxley. Top ward councillor and fine bloke who cared about the city first. Please be like Brian.

Last edited:

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Congratulations to Labour who have done incredibly well in Brighton & Hove. It has been a bad day for the Greens & the Conservatives, however, from a personal perspective I am delighted that I have been given the honour & privilege to represent the residents of Westdene & Hove Park for the Conservatives.
Congratulations to anyone elected from ANY political party who is committed enough to make a difference through legitimate democratic means at a local or national level when spouting, meaningless point scoring irrelevant, bollox (me included) across social media is all the rage these days 👍

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Congratulations to anyone elected from ANY political party who is committed enough to make a difference through legitimate democratic means at a local or national level when spouting, meaningless point scoring irrelevant, bollox (me included) across social media is all the rage these days 👍
Do please stop replying to your own posts using a different user name. It’s tedious and deceitful.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Congratulations to Labour who have done incredibly well in Brighton & Hove. It has been a bad day for the Greens & the Conservatives, however, from a personal perspective I am delighted that I have been given the honour & privilege to represent the residents of Westdene & Hove Park for the Conservatives.

Represent FOR the Conservatives ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here