• NOC- Labour Largest Group

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • NOC- Conservative Largest Group

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
Congratulations to Labour who have done incredibly well in Brighton & Hove. It has been a bad day for the Greens & the Conservatives, however, from a personal perspective I am delighted that I have been given the honour & privilege to represent all the residents of Westdene & Hove Park even as a Conservative Councillor!
Congratulations. Please use your success to do your best for the people who elected you, and more broadly the city of Brighton and Hove, rather than use it as an opportunity to further your own interests (as a lot of Conservative party politicians appear to do as far as I can see).

Congratulations. Please use your success to do your best for the people who elected you, and more broadly the city of Brighton and Hove, rather than use it as an opportunity to further your own interests (as a lot of Conservative party politicians appear to do as far as I can see).
Thank you. At the ripe old age of 56 years I have no interest in becoming a career politician, but as a resident of this City all my life I have witnessed the decline of Brighton & Hove - hence why stepping up to give my all to make our part of the world a cleaner, smarter, safer & more enjoyable place for us all - that I promise.

Back on subject a big well done to Bella Sankey, our new Leader of the council, a bright forward thinking Cllr who is prepared to listen to the residents, after the United game and now this result it’s been a great few days and a quick humble piece of advice to @Steve Foster aka Cllr Lyons, if I were you I’d leave NSC alone for the next 4 years, you never know you might actually feel better for it 👍
Been a B&H Albion fan all my life. Bleed blue & white!
Thanks for the advice - at the end of the day on NSC we are all one tribe 😃 so long as we leave politics & religion outside football posts!

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
Thank you. At the ripe old age of 56 years I have no interest in becoming a career politician, but as a resident of this City all my life I have witnessed the decline of Brighton & Hove - hence why stepping up to give my all to make our part of the world a cleaner, smarter, safer & more enjoyable place for us all - that I promise.
Thanks for the reply and good luck. Sorry for sounding a bit fed up with the Tories, no reflection on you.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Been a B&H Albion fan all my life. Bleed blue & white!
Thanks for the advice - at the end of the day on NSC we are all one tribe 😃 so long as we leave politics & religion outside football posts!
Your first job is a recount of the Man U semi final prediction scores please.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I did, returned two. I’m surprised at the Labour majority, I thought they’d be the largest party. Still the people have spoken, I accept the result. Been a good day for the Greens nationally which has softened the blow for me somewhat. Watching the tories get skewered pretty much everywhere has been fun today.
I'm not surprised at the Labour majority - really good news for the City - Brighton is a mess (partly through central govt. cuts of course) - the Greens did well nationally - but they tend to do well in places where they have never actually held power - once they have had power, voters tend to go back to old allegiances...

Greens - Nice, well meaning people, politically naïve, who unfortunately couldn't run a bath, as has been proven in Brighton.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Greens - Nice, well meaning people, politically naïve, who unfortunately couldn't run a bath, as has been proven in Brighton.
Hmmm .... Ben Duncan and Jason Kitcat ( and his wife ) were hardly "nice". Equally there were a few Green councillors this time round the word nice would be inappropriate to use to describe.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Why have the Greens been booted out in Brighton, but not everywhere?

That doesn’t suggest a Starmer Blair-esque 1997 effect.

With a form of PR, tactical voting isn’t the be all and end all, so that doesn’t explain it either.

Bizarre.
Sorry to jump back a few days, but I just happened to flick through this thread.
Unless I'm completely mistaken, the electoral system is the same multi-member FPTP system used in most local elections in England, which is not a form of PR. If anything, it tends to exaggerate the number of seats held by the biggest party even more than the system used in general elections.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here