*** Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Yeovil Town *** Official Match Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 30, 2008
We are not getting the Oscar dream we were sold to be honest. He seems very unmotivational. Maybe that is the style in Spain but from seeing his interviews and comments he is hardly a Churchillian character. Something different is needed in the English Championship. I wonder what his pre match and half time talks are like ? Anyway it was a HUGE punt from Bloom to appoint him after a season in Israel. Is he out of his depth ?
glad i ditched the season ticket :thumbsup:
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 22389

We are not getting the Oscar dream we were sold to be honest. He seems very unmotivational. Maybe that is the style in Spain but from seeing his interviews and comments he is hardly a Churchillian character. Something different is needed in the English Championship. I wonder what his pre match and half time talks are like ? Anyway it was a HUGE punt from Bloom to appoint him after a season in Israel. Is he out of his depth ?

I don't want to start thinking like this about Ocscar, but I am starting to worry. Are the players still getting over Gus, and is oscar not getting the same amount of respect.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

From an outside perspective, the fact he was appointed after one good season in Israel, with a team with already good resources did seem a bit of a gamble.

Very hard to judge you lot at present, key injuries aside, you really should be beating the likes of Yeovil.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Top post 100% correct.It has no passion like its vile freeloading players.It cost more to watch that rubbish than any other club in the championship,and also more than six pre-league clubs.

You are very strange.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Of course it'll all come good in the end!....Probably be a case of "if the league started at Christmas Brighton would have finished top" ....unfortunately we'll be bottom half at Christmas with the leaders well out of sight and the gap just too much to bridge.
Oscar's rhetoric at the start about playing exciting, pressing, possession football sound pretty hollow words right now.

PLR off the pitch maybe....time to focus on the playing staff on it. Some just might be playing at the highest level they'll ever play at and know it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bolton a few weeks back?
Players at this level should be motivated to better themselves at all times.

5 minutes from 13 games. Sorry it is not good enough at the moment, not by a long way. With Barber banging on about the project and trying to get as much money as he can from the fans he need to not lose sight of the fact the product on offer has to be worth it and at the moment it is piss poor frankly. Eventually 26000 will not trudge along every game so the club should not take that or the fan base for granted.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oscar's rhetoric at the start about playing exciting, pressing, possession football sound pretty hollow words right now.
You have to take into account the opposition each game , they want to do exactly the same to us and it often ends up in a stalemate.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh and Garcia wearing the same Brown Corduroys at every home game is getting unacceptable now as well.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Don't think Oscar has got his tactics right again, bringing on JFK for Conway is pointless. Needed to bring on March to run at the tiring defense. I know we have a huge number of injuries but we are just not looking like a team that can win games and Oscar's tactics in the last few games have been very poor IMO.

Thought he had a head injury?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was also Yeovil's first home point this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports