[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Wolves very organised at the back and very dangerous on the break. They had the better chances and deserved a point IMHO.

Albion didn't have the quality needed to break them down. Nice build-up play, but Pedro just couldn't get his shots away.

Annoying as it was at home, but another clean sheet and we didn't get sucker punched Fulham-style at the end.

I'm fully expecting the lads to take out their frustrations on a leaky Sheffield United defence at the weekend.
Hope so - I'm going!
Seemed we all played with back to goal waiting for a pass to feet. Must have some movement up front, even if it leads to nothing, to give options.
There was movement, and quite a few half-runs - but no-one played it through to them. There were a couple in the second half, where the one making the run just looked exasperated.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Now f***ing Ghana are out so Ayew and Kudos back. Adingra away for longer. Bollocks.
Aren’t Ivory Coast are out too? Thought they needed a point today or are they still in the running for the 3rd place gimmick?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Lack of creativity tonight but can’t really complain seeing as though we’re without March, Mitoma, Adingra, Fati, and Enciso. Just one of them back would be nice.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Roberto says the same thing you if we want to be a 'big team'. If we want to be a 'big team' or just bloody better than we are we need to beat Burnley, Sheffield United, Fulham or Wolves at home. We couldn't manage to beat any of these and we need to force the winner (see tonight and Burnley) or shut up shop and not give away cheap goals (see Fulham, Sheffield United).

Am I happy where we are? Of course. We should have more points and be 6th. I'm loving the ride. Don't know why people start flapping around when there is anything negative written.
This. Maybe we all need to preface any comments on our current form with 'really happy with where we are'.

To me the fact that this season has been frustrating in the league is testament to how far we've come. But it has been a bit frustrating and for an attacking team, we don't score enough goals. For the record I couldn't care less about clean sheets.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That was the most drawy draw since a draw was drawn on the draw in the chest of drawers.

I don’t think it was one point gained or 2 points lost. It was just a draw that would have been a travesty for either side to lose.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Wolves were the more genuinely threatening team over the 90. Neto was on a different level.

Our attacking was ponderous, predictable (last 25 minutes we were stuck down the NW corner FFS). Our passing wooden, telegraphed, obvious. Our corners :D

Felt so sorry for Welbeck, he made countless greats runs or was waiting on the shoulder of a lone CB, but the obvious passes never came. Gross, Gilmour instead slowed things down, passed sideways, allowing a defensive 8 to form.

Webster was awful second half, committing by the dugouts, being beaten, springing Neto into acres of space. I’ve never heard the people behind us moan, today was a first, on Webster.

MOTM Hinshelwood.
It was a sorry site watching the Albion pushing for a winner with Webster overlapping Gross on the left wing. Wasn't going to happen was it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This. Maybe we all need to preface any comments on our current form with 'really happy with where we are'.

To me the fact that this season has been frustrating in the league is testament to how far we've come. But it has been a bit frustrating and for an attacking team, we don't score enough goals. For the record I couldn't care less about clean sheets.
I think maybe that should be, "really happy with where we are..........BUT.................!"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Game was so boring tonight, can’t we just pretend it was last season.

“I especially liked the manner of our 6th…”

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Honestly, I'm frustrated. Another missed chance that could've put us in a much better position for European qualification.

It is great that we are talking about possibly qualifying for Europe again, but if only we were slightly more clinical in those matches (Burnley, Sheffield United, Wolves, etc.)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’m still a bit worried by some of the RDZ interviews. I know it’s not his first language so shouldn’t read too much into it but the way he said ‘Barco is not a winger’ twice suggested to me some disagreements internally about whether we need to bring another winger in. Hope I’m putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 but I feel he’s agitating for a couple more signings (most likely a DM and a winger)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
For the record I couldn't care less about clean sheets.
Nor do I for its own sake and not sure what the ‘prestige’ thing is about - but every goal not conceded helps our GD - as it stands tonight, that’s the difference between 7th and 8th place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports