[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CaergybiGull

Aug 13, 2020
Caergybi, Ynys Môn
It's a really odd thing to say. I really want to like Merson but given the following choice:

1. After a lot of games in short amount of time our players are physically tired
2. After a tough week emotionally the players might be worn out and mentally exhausted
3. We are now infamous for having a conveyor belt of talent so playing a few "unknowns" actually might show the world a few more gems
4. We want to throw the game and lose as we're scared to play in Europe. Why aim high, wed much prefer a relegation fight

Yet the only reason he can think of is number 4. Really?
I can’t agree I’m afraid. Paul Merson is not fit to be a pundit. He’s barely coherent, incapable of pronouncing names properly and is unable to produce an argument for any position he takes.

I don’t know how the other pundits restrain themselves from doing him a mischief. He clearly thinks shouting like a deranged baboon is endearing. It isn’t. Please f*** off.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
More from Brighton boss Roberto de Zerbi: "I am delighted for the performance and for my players. I am lucky to work with these guys.

"I don't want to talk about tactical position and state of play, I only want to talk about the attitude and passion.

"I am pleased for Undav. I am sorry for Veltman [after his injury], I hope it won't be a big problem. Now we are ready to finish the season in the best way.

"Undav has big potential. He has to believe more in himself, only this. Gilmour played a fantastic game. It is more difficult for him because he isn't playing too much.

"It is an exciting time. We want to achieve our targets. We are fighting. Results are not everything in football, the style and DNA is important but if we deserve to achieve our target we have to achieve it."

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Whole game replayed tonight on Sky Sports premier league channel unless I am misinformed .

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roberto De Zerbi speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live:

"The best game as a coach. We make a mistake if we think only of style, of quality of play. Today we show our quality as a person, as a man, because we suffered a lot against Man United in the semi-final, we suffered a lot after enduring the Nottingham Forest game and today I think the people can understand the level of my players in terms of human quality."

"I change five players from Nottingham, for players that are not playing, like Denis Undav, like Billy Gilmour. They had a fantastic game and I am very happy. I am delighted for the level of my guys."

How much potential does Enciso have?

"A lot. He has to improve to understand the different moment inside the game, but he is very young, he's like my son. He is the same age. We have a lot of young players with big potential. My work is to help them."

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
More from Brighton boss Roberto de Zerbi: "I am delighted for the performance and for my players. I am lucky to work with these guys.

"I don't want to talk about tactical position and state of play, I only want to talk about the attitude and passion.

"I am pleased for Undav. I am sorry for Veltman [after his injury], I hope it won't be a big problem. Now we are ready to finish the season in the best way.

"Undav has big potential. He has to believe more in himself, only this. Gilmour played a fantastic game. It is more difficult for him because he isn't playing too much.

"It is an exciting time. We want to achieve our targets. We are fighting. Results are not everything in football, the style and DNA is important but if we deserve to achieve our target we have to achieve it."
God he's a sexy bastard.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Billy Gilmour deserves all the praise he will get and more, he was majestic. Can’t have been easy sitting on the bench week in, week out but to come in and play like that must give him and RDZ so much confidence
On BBC Radio Sussex De Zerbi said that he has done Gilmour a disservice by not trusting him to play more games this season. Maybe Gilmour has now joined the party and we will see more of him coming on in games when players need a rest. Hope so as he played well today

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Paul Merson pre-match believing he understood RDZ's team selection... :laugh:

He really is a pillock isn't he
(I would say worse but can't remember what the rules are currently about effing and blinding on NSC).

Can I get away with saying he's a wanker?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports