[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton boss Roberto de Zerbi, speaking to BBC MOTD: "I decided to change five players to give more energy. I am very delighted for the performance, for the guys and not the result.

"We suffered a lot in the last two games. This answer today was fantastic. I have no doubt about the level of the people inside the dressing room. This is a great answer.

"I am not surprised. I love my players, it is an honour to work here. I am honest when I speak like this. The level of the players is fantastic. Today was my best game as a coach. Now we have to prepare for the next game on Thursday with Manchester United. I think we deserve to achieve our target, Europe, but we shall see.

"Every day is a pleasure to learn something from them. They are great, great players. We have another challenge this year. We can achieve. The most important is not to lose our DNA and style."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This post has aged well
In fairness, it's fish in a barrel with those posts today. Such is the emotion of footie fans that they can't wait to see an outcome.

The line up today did rather surprise me, but I thought it best to wait and see the logic unfold and whether it was wise or not. It was. Happy days.

The comments that annoy me are the abusive ones before the game. NSC is pretty grown up so we don't see too much of it. The Facebook page, I don't go there. It's a melting pot of grammatically wanting bluster.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Blimey when was the last time we won by 6 in the top 2 tiers ?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
IMG_6562.jpeg

Stick this in the Louvre.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I needed that - we all did. The astonishing thing is that we truly deserved it...and more.
An amazing riposte to to Forest (and I really couldn't give a toss about a cup final - it'll be City, anyway).
I couldn't have been happier, even if if I'd thrown a few quid down the drain - it was a Win-Win for me.
I just f***ing love this team and manager.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Icing on the cake would have been if Billy Gilmour's shot near the end had gone the other side of the post. Good to see him have a great game tho, and he also appreciated the songs he was getting. Will have done him a world of good
I’m pleased for him because not playing, even when it’s because he is behind world class players, means people start talking about him being shit and failing etc.

Whatever happens at least he’s managed to show the quality he has and what he’s capable of.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't wait for the Player Rating thread, I really need to dock Webster 0.5 :rolleyes:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Ive reslly
Icing on the cake would have been if Billy Gilmour's shot near the end had gone the other side of the post. Good to see him have a great game tho, and he also appreciated the songs he was getting. Will have done him a world of good
I had 'Not seen it' with Gilmour, but he was exceptional today.

Everything has to be seen through a lens of how absolutely terrible Wolves were but Undav, Gilmour and the sensational display by Enciso were hugely encouraging.

As brilliant as he was Enciso needs to learn the whole game. Our left was really weak in the first half as he had hands on his hips admiring his own work. But it Will come for sure. He was brilliant on the ball and full of energy.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Billy Gilmour deserves all the praise he will get and more, he was majestic. Can’t have been easy sitting on the bench week in, week out but to come in and play like that must give him and RDZ so much confidence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports