[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Precisely. That Match Analysis demonstrates how obsessed with the PL things are. Younger fans could be forgiven for thinking Wolves stand a chance. We are most definitely their bogey side since about 1975 onwards. Our record against them is ridiculous. Something like last 40 fixtures home and away, we’ve won 25, drawn 9 and they’ve hit the post once! West Ham have positively dominated us by comparison :)

It’s got to be a home win, even if I’ve lost a bit confidence in us.
:flameboun Just saying, like…don’t know why Wolves bother playing us. Award us 3pts and save petrol.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Well, we've just won 6-0 and gave some key players a bit of a rest.

I'm just going to enjoy the moment and not think about the remaining fixtures for now. It feels like the European dream is still alive!
The beauty of football :)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Superb performance by the whole team.

RDZ takes the lion-share of praise from me for having the managerial insight to dig deep from a squad fraught with fatigue and injury (hopefully Veltman’s hamstring is resolved) and coming up with an aggressive line up - playing Danny a bit deeper and Enciso’s pairing with Gross was sublime, Estupinan a roaring engine throughout (what a signing he has been) and for the first time this season I thought, Gilmour looking really comfortable in his own skin putting together some really skilful passes and providing a very solid presence in MF - surely a performance from him that shows he is moving on to a next level of maturity despite the bumpy road in his career to date. Even Undav, ‘coming into his own‘ and scoring 2 goals - a deserved score line, full of promise for the future and hopefully the tonic everyone needed after a tough week.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion, at 5-0 up in a Premier League match, decide to bring their best players on. You never thought you'd see that, did you ?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Delighted with the line up, shows a willingness to adapt and learn and improve from RDZ. He recognises he got the selection wrong on Wednesday and is happy to try something else.

Well done the gaffer.
Yes, fantastic for the ambition and big balls. He recognises, as do most fans, that the players were emotionally and physically shattered on Wednesday. He admitted he got the selection wrong. Putting the same exhausted 11 out for another game 3 days later would be madness. Madness I tell you.

I’d probably have also rested Dunk for Van Hecke, Ayari for Groß and Colwill for Pervis - but he’s wisely kept a core of seasoned professionals at the heart of the pitch.
Never in doubt.

These were pre-match obviously.

:)

Last edited:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton midfielder Billy Gilmour speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "I took my opportunity. It's hard to fill Alexis and Moises' job but I just had to take my opportunity.

"When they've played I've studied them and what they do in my position. When I've been in training I've done it . To get the opportunity to try that today, it was good."

On bouncing back: "We were absolutely gutted about Wembley and then on to Nottingham, maybe it was still on us a bit. We knew we had to put on a performance and I think every single one of us was brilliant."

On Julio Enciso: "He's crazy. I call him crazy. He's a very, very good player, very talented, and he'll only get better. The way he trains and plays, he is showing the fans what he is capable of. He's taken the opportunity."

Going forward: "I need to keep focusing on myself, help the team when called upon. We want to finish as high as possible."

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I’m getting worried about RDZ he seems to be getting things wrong, todays line up should have been Wednesday’s line up. Didn’t notice Colwell has having a mare and subbed our player who looked most like doing something twice. Forget he had a bench at Wembley and could have prepared for pens when it was heading that way.
This post has aged well

Sep 9, 2010
Paul Merson pre-match believing he understood RDZ's team selection... :laugh:

It's a really odd thing to say. I really want to like Merson but given the following choice:

1. After a lot of games in short amount of time our players are physically tired
2. After a tough week emotionally the players might be worn out and mentally exhausted
3. We are now infamous for having a conveyor belt of talent so playing a few "unknowns" actually might show the world a few more gems
4. We want to throw the game and lose as we're scared to play in Europe. Why aim high, wed much prefer a relegation fight

Yet the only reason he can think of is number 4. Really?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports