Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry if I'm being dumb but I'm down in devon and out of touch. Can Ridgewell play today?

No. Like Dick Towel he is ineligible until the FA suits get back from their winter holidays...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Elvis to come good with the perfect hatrick: one of his shin, one off his knee and the winner rebounding off his arse in a 3-2 thriller.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry if I'm being dumb but I'm down in devon and out of touch. Can Ridgewell play today?

No, they are international transfers, so we need to wait for FIFA to process them, and they aren't doing that until Monday 4th at the earliest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, they are international transfers, so we need to wait for FIFA to process them, and they aren't doing that until Monday 4th at the earliest.

Being pedantic I think it is a case of of the Irish and USA FAs have to give their respective clearance. and FIFA would just rubber stamp it but I didnt think that FIFA were actually involved. This comes from my time on Surrey FA when various clubs signed players from France and it was only the French and English FA that were involved but it may have changed..

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'd go with:

Stockdale

Bruno Greer Goldson Calde

Manu Kayal Stephens Murphy

Zamora Wilson

Subs: Maenpaa, Dunk, JFC, Harper, Hemed, Chicksen, Crofts

I'm going today for the first time since the opening game...I'll take the same score!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Even if FIFA only have to rubber stamp it, they are directly involved.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Being pedantic I think it is a case of of the Irish and USA FAs have to give their respective clearance. and FIFA would just rubber stamp it but I didnt think that FIFA were actually involved. This comes from my time on Surrey FA when various clubs signed players from France and it was only the French and English FA that were involved but it may have changed..

From the club twitter feed:

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 30 Dec 2015
Both players require international via FIFA and international transfer window does not reopen until 4th Jan to apply. (2 of 2) #BHAFC​

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even if FIFA only have to rubber stamp it, they are directly involved.

As I pointed out I didnt think they even had to do that it was a case of the English FA wouldnt process the application until they had clearance from the Irish FA and similarly with the USA and the contact was direct from the leaving FA to the English FA. FIFA were never involved whilst I was on that committee at Surrey FA. We had to just wait for the two FAs clearance before granting permission. As I said it may have changed recently.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I pointed out I didnt think they even had to do that it was a case of the English FA wouldnt process the application until they had clearance from the Irish FA and similarly with the USA and the contact was direct from the leaving FA to the English FA. FIFA were never involved whilst I was on that committee at Surrey FA. We had to just wait for the two FAs clearance before granting permission. As I said it may have changed recently.

FIFA run a Transfer Management System for international transfers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...International-Transfer-Management-System.html

This system was introduced in 2010.

Before that, FIFA were still involved, but it was more laborious:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/marcot...untability-in-transfer-market-with-tms-system

The delay in Towell and Ridgewell playing is because of FIFA's involvement (and that the window doesn't officially open until tomorrow).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just to keep the "so where's the officials info" brigade happy...

http://www.bha.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=560573

Referee: Christopher Kavanagh
Linesmen: Ashvin Degnarain and Nigel Lugg
Fourth Official: Tim Robinson

Match Day referee Kavanagh (Lancashire) is yet to officiate a Brighton game this season.

He has however already taken in nineteen other matches so far in 2015-16 and in those games, across all competitions and Football divisions, he has handed out a total of 70 yellow cards and one red card.

He was most card happy in the match between Huddersfield and Preston on Boxing Day with a total of seven yellows being shown. Blackpool and Barnsley on September 19 saw a total of six yellows and he also showed six earlier in the season in the Capital One Cup clash between Aston Villa and Notts County in August.

Let`s hope it`s not another repeat and more of our players edge closer to automatic bans.

And to keep copying and pasting, from BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35154805

Venue: Amex Stadium Date: Friday 1 January Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

On-loan Dutch winger Rajiv Van La Parra is missing from the Brighton squad against parent club Wolves.
Defenders Uwe Hunemeier (groin), Liam Rosenior (knee) and Gaetan Bong (thigh) are definitely out while captain Gordon Greer (hamstring) is rated doubtful.
Midfielder Jack Price may return from illness for Wolves but defender Kortney Hause (hamstring) is definitely out.
Keeper Emi Martinez (thigh) is close to a return but will not play and loan striker Grant Holt is back at Wigan.
MATCH FACTS

Brighton are unbeaten in five against Wolves, although four have ended in draws (W1).
Wolves have only won once away to Brighton in the Football League (September 2004, 1-0).
Grant Holt has scored four goals in six league starts against Brighton.
There have been three red cards shown in the last five contests between Brighton and Wolves, with Conor Coady being sent off in September's 0-0 draw.

:facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
FIFA run a Transfer Management System for international transfers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...International-Transfer-Management-System.html

This system was introduced in 2010.

Before that, FIFA were still involved, but it was more laborious:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/marcot...untability-in-transfer-market-with-tms-system

The delay in Towell and Ridgewell playing is because of FIFA's involvement (and that the window doesn't officially open until tomorrow).

As I said it may have changed and obviously has because they werent involved in the 80s.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]682879013887557632[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here