Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Rotation. RDZ has said they’ll both play 50% of games. Give him a chance now and if does well for a few then he’s got some games under his belt for Europe
Unorthodox to rotate keepers, certainly within competitions.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
who is "dos Santos de Paulo "...?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I remember when Potter dropped Ryan out of nowhere for Sanchez.

Reminds me a little bit like that, except Verbruggen is already our named number 1 and VERY highly rated.

Suspect he could be our starting keeper for the rest of the season from today...

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Rotation. RDZ has said they’ll both play 50% of games. Give him a chance now and if does well for a few then he’s got some games under his belt for Europe

I’m not convinced the keeper is the best position to rotate.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Think we can all agree RDZ is not orthodox. If he is ready, I’m perfectly happy for him be there. But it is a big call. Big balls no.
Agree, certainly 'drop' Steele if RDZ thinks Verbruggen is the better option, just will be strange if they are rotated in the league. Maybe they will be until a clear starter emerges...

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Agree, certainly 'drop' Steele if RDZ thinks Verbruggen is the better option, just will be strange if they are rotated in the league. Maybe they will be until a clear starter emerges...

I kind of get it, they both keep match sharp and it means they both feel needed in the team and involved in all competitions.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Surprised Pedro not starting, thought he might give the Hammers something else to think about and a bit more movement in the central areas.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
When exactly would you give him a start ? Wait for an injury??
Well RDZ has had plenty of time in training to decide who’s the better keeper. Would’ve been better if he’d have started him from game 1 to give him the maximum time to get used to playing with the defence.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Unorthodox to rotate keepers, certainly within competitions.
It’s unorthodox to keep your top players of any position on the bench while starting relatively inexperienced youngsters but RDZ did it with great effect last season. The one thing I would say about De Zerbi, he’s not orthodox.😉

i dont think it’s a case of ‘dropping’ anyone (before the ‘either or‘ NSC prophets start predicting Steele may be replaced) - Steele is much more experienced than Verbruggen but Bart needs the match time at the beginning of the season to get up to match speed with the rest of the squad before the Euro fixtures and cup matches - no point throwing him into a knockout competition green at the gills!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Maybe Steele is not 100 per cent.

My take is that RDZ might think that the new keeper will be better in dealing with crosses that WH will be throwing in. He played on the USA tour so he should have some familiarity with the defence.

Both keepers are likely to get a good bunch of games this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here