Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
RDZ with a rare f*** up today. Welbeck awful again but keeps being picked, missing Steele's passing and looking very lop sided with WH easily able to just double up on Mitoma. A CH sub today bringing on Pedro once we were 2-0 down when he should have come on at half time. Reality check
Yes easy to say with hindsight but a few things felt a bit iffy.

Not sure changing the keeper on this game was needed. There's nothing wrong with Milners solidity but the lack of legs combined with that midfield was jarring. Taking Gilmour off. I thought he'd been our second best player up to that point (Pervis). And not changing the front two earlier as you say.

That said the match stats are insane. Something like 78% possession and 20 odd shots on target and they had 3 shots and scored em all!

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I was delighted WH beat Chelsea but fact is they set up like they did today and should have been 2/3 down before they scored. I have never sen a side set up like they did today with apart from long ball to Antonio had no intention of going forward. They went ahead through a gifted goal followed by another later on. 9 times out of 10 we would have won that game.
West Ham were in a relegation battle most of last season and most supporters moaned how defensive Moyes was with many wanting him out. Still playing the same way and because they have 7 points it is now acceptable and supporters think Moyes is a genius. Just shows to so many it is all about results.
Thankfully I can never see De Zerbi reverting to those tactics
Moyes is using the resources he has available to him - he knows that over the season the team will be in a battle.

That said - WH showed a lot of discipline, and while lucky, Brighton could not break them down. RDZ needs to figure out why and fix it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here