Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So Veltman into the back 4 and Gross right back, or Burn into the back 3 and Moder/Zeqiri left back ?

Or is it now time for something completely different ?

p01gk35d.jpg

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
If Veltman is out, maybe keep the back five with White, Webster, Burn with Gross/Alzate and Karbo/Moder wing backs.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Here we go again, no doubt we will play some nice pretty football, obviously miss a couple of golden opportunities to score and then succumb to a horrendous defensive howler and give away a stupidly soft goal. Obviously I want us to win and of course any positive result will only happen because West Ham played badly as so often happens according to the ill-informed pundits, still, fingers crossed for a lovely 3 points!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So Veltman into the back 4 and Gross right back, or Burn into the back 3 and Moder/Zeqiri left back ?

Or is it now time for something completely different ?

View attachment 136746

Veltman is injured.

Front 4 of Izquierdo, Tau, Connolly and Welbeck. Who needs defence.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I would normally say a pressure-free game but one of the striking things about this season is our performances haven't seemed to be overly affected by league position or need for points (which has helped us get over the line) ... we generally play the same way with varying degrees of success.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If West Ham ever have a better chance of beating us than today then they will never beat us .

The absence of Veltman and Dunk are huge misses for us and Moyes will exploit the hole left by Veltman with Antonio playing wider stretching our defence all over the place .

I will be amazed if we get anything out of this game considering what's at stake for West Ham .

What may put the fear of christ into the KUMB is the name Izquierdo on the team sheet , haven't checked yet but if in the team a few quid as anytime goalscorer will be my bet for today .

Heart 2-2 Head 1-3

Jimmy Grimble

Injuries/suspensions will really hurt us today I think.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For the gamblers amongst you, I read yesterday that Sky Bet are offering evens for Bissouma to have 2 shots in the match. It doesn’t matter where they end up, he just has to have 2 shots.

In a match where we’re going to have about 70% possession against a deep, stubborn defence, that’s just printing money isn’t it?!

Having spent some time this week putting this together I would say so. Biss has shot 38 times already this season, However, with an 8% accuracy rate he's a key contributor to our poor ratio of goals scored versus shots taken. Unless Gpott has had a little word with him about it this is a bet to get on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As we’re safe think it’ll be a good game. For my nerves.

Yep. Three meaningless games coming up. No relegation fears. Worst case scenario is 17th on 37 points, best 46 and somewhere mid table, likely finish somewhere in between.

West Ham really need the points and we don't. I can see them dropping deep, us having 20 or so poor quality shots and getting done 1-0 on the break. But it'll be a minor annoyance on the weekend rather than anything devastating if they do. The proverbial fly in my tea.

Weirdly I can see much more chance of points in the two games after, even though the "big six" (in ESL terms) are involved. City will surely make a few changes to rest players ahead of the Champions League and we'll have our biggest crowd for over a year. I really can see us pushing them hard. And we always seem to do well at Arsenal recently.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This will be a thriller

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here