Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford *** Official Match Thread ***

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well I'm pissed and just ordered a dirty kebab so..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
While watching the game in the pub I couldnt help but notice lots of empty seats is the clubs attempt to attract punters falling on deaf ears ?
Regards
DF

Don't let the boss know you were watching the game instead of washing the pots.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
AC44C09B-A5FD-4F0E-B082-82EC6F824200.jpeg

Looked pretty full from my seat.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
That first half was in complete contrast to the first half against Burnley. We looked totally in control, fighting for every ball, and dominated the midfield like nobody's business.
It was a joy to behold, yet it was inevitable the tempo would slacken in the second half.
Not that it happens often, that we take a 2 - 0 lead, but I still don't feel that's enough until there's literally a few minutes to go.
I guess it's the Brighton way, but by God, I wish I could relax before that, given the scoreline.
Overall, a good day at the office, bar Maupay's injury, and a massively good start to the season.
That header by Duffy, too.....sublime.
For no real reason (as yet), I feel far more confident this season, than last. Long may it continue. :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
While watching the game in the pub I couldnt help but notice lots of empty seats is the clubs attempt to attract punters falling on deaf ears ?
Regards
DF

Always has been at The Amex in August, even in the EPL era. Holiday season.

Actually being in the stadium, the real attendance felt well over 90%. Rammed NS, a fantastic atmosphere pre and during the match.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Always has been at The Amex in August, even in the EPL era. Holiday season.

Actually being in the stadium, the real attendance felt well over 90%. Rammed NS, a fantastic atmosphere pre and during the match.

Don't spoil PPFs narrative (from the pub)

East stand lower always has more empty seats than the rest of the stadium altogether too. Just a shame the cameras face the east stand family area

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't spoil PPFs narrative (from the pub)

East stand lower always has more empty seats than the rest of the stadium altogether too. Just a shame the cameras face the east stand family area

I’m completely unfazed by his jealous digs at the Amex era Albion.

Tens of thousands of folk had an evening to remember :albion2:. My son said mid match “Isn’t it great to watch us and be so confident that we’re going to win”. We haven’t been to matches since Feb 2020. To see Bissouma, Lallana and Webster play in the flesh is something else ….. you don’t get that on your pub telly :lolol:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Anyone slightly worried by Sanchez?

He does look nervous but most of his first team career has been played in front of empty stadiums so it's natural that he will flap at a few. Would rather he still has the confidence after a couple of slightly flappy moments to make commanding claims rather than being frozen by fear on his line. He's young but he has the talent and I think he will grow into this season.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
AC comes on when game is won, team sitting back and just waiting on everton. Yeah, lets crucify the young irishman because he didn't score from a half chance. NSC amazes me sometimes how little knowledge of football it has accumulated. Can't wait for the kids to go back to school...oh and we need to sign a striker who scores goals and let's spend an extortionate amount of money doing that and not develop our own players, no, let's spend uncle Tonys money.
If people don't like the way we're progressing, **** off and support your second team, like arsenal.

Calm down buddy. Personally I'm a bit fed up of the attitude that seems to be growing more prevalent on here whereby anyone that criticises anything to do with the club is told to **** off and support someone else. If you can't handle an opposing opinion, I suggest it is you that is the one in the wrong place being on a football forum. The reason why most of us are so captivated by football is that it is all about opinions and debate so let's not tell each other to **** off when we've won two from two eh?

Personally I think it's reasonable to be concerned that AC can't seem to convert what should be fairly simple chances at this level. He has also not helped endear himself with his embarrassing diving and questionable attitude. Personally whilst I don't think he is cutting it at the moment, I do think he has the talent to play at this level and would like to see him loaned out to the Championship to get regular football and get into the scoring habit again. As others have said, we could be going into Everton with AC as our only recognised first team striker with Andone/Tau likely to be leaving and Welbeck quite fragile. That isn't a good situation to be in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Regards
DF

As of anyone believes you watched the game. This is only your second post outside of the bear pit in almost a month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here