Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford *** Official Match Thread ***

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
We always seem to play better when the subs come on. Does that suggest a good manager juggling the team to fit the need? Or the fact that we never get it right first time.?

At least we did not lose ... I believe we will stay up .Keep the faith...

The latter imo, the team selection was terrible.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
The regularity with which we play poorly first half at home and then bring on subs and look like a semi decent team in the second is really bizarre

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
That was not pretty glad of the point but we need to improve and quickly Duffy was poor although I can see why he was in the team but he offers nothing gross was poor too totally anonymous subs made an impact again which was good and solly built on last week good for him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The regularity with which we play poorly first half at home and then bring on subs and look like a semi decent team in the second is really bizarre

I think it has alot to do with the opposition chasing everything down from kick off, they get knackered by 60 mins and we then play through them but are not very good at goalscoring. The Watford goal was their only shot on target?

It’s tough being an Albion fan at this level it must be absolutely soul destroying for those expecting us to go on goal fests

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
No, not really.

Strong second half to be fair.
No, not really. We created one decent chance in the second half from Mooy, which was saved & we scored from an own goal. Plenty of the ball in the 2nd but no cutting edge whatsoever. We're toothless at home & upfront. Going down, we can't beat anyone in & around us lately & time is running out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Bring on 3 subs after 10 mins when no one is expecting it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Have they stopped training “movement” and “triangles” in the last few years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
No, not really. We created one decent chance in the second half from Mooy, which was saved & we scored from an own goal. Plenty of the ball in the 2nd but no cutting edge whatsoever. We're toothless at home & upfront. Going down, we can't beat anyone in & around us lately & time is running out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We also didn't lose to either West Ham or Watford. A win in either would have been great but important not to lose. We have 2 games co.ing up where we could pick up points and the the free hits against the big guns before the big finale. The last 2 games will be much more damaging for the confidence of the teams we came back to draw with than for us

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We also didn't lose to either West Ham or Watford. A win in either would have been great but important not to lose. We have 2 games co.ing up where we could pick up points and the the free hits against the big guns before the big finale. The last 2 games will be much more damaging for the confidence of the teams we came back to draw with than for us

Someone talking sense and seeing the bigger picture :thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Free hits???????

Nailed on thrashings more like.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Free hits???????

Nailed on thrashings more like.

Yeah, you're right! Lost to Arsenal, Wolves, Tottenham, Chelsea didn't we in those "nailed on thrashings"...thrashed by Liverpool werent we? Nothing to suggest we cant get something out of these games. Man Utd inconsistent, as are Leicester, Arsenal, Wolves.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Intriguing that so many are willing to play the hangman to the innocent Papist this eve... today was by no means a disaster, indeed we carved out another draw from the jaws of defeat and our morale will be ever lifted for it! I watched Pearson’s (dirge) of a team, anti footballing their way to blunting the superb Blades with interest. That game, akin to this, was a dreadful spectacle ending in a familiar wearisome draw... the common denominator, Nigel (yesterday’s man, nicely smug) Pearson - Ex MASSIVE lest we forget.

As then, today they were dire and made us look like kindred spirits, by dropping deep and going Hughton style - oh, and the irony being, the exact same outcome that Chris managed to develop a brilliant knack for - snatching a draw from the jaws of victory !!

I like (prefer) where we are now... for fortune favours the brave.

****ing onward.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
First match I’ve been to all season and, current score notwithstanding, I’m enjoying the evening. Great to be back at The Amex and taking in a live match with a Harvey’s.

My next door neighbour has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He’s not yet 60 and the prognosis is grim. That’s beyond shit and nights like tonight have to be treasured. I don’t care about the result (well, I do but not that much) and I’ll be coming here as long as my health and wealth allow, whatever division we’re in.
My sympathies. My next door neighbour was diagnosed just over a year ago, and died a couple of weeks later. He was in his 50s, and otherwise fit and healthy.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Funny - I could have sworn the radio said he was MotM.

The match sponsors named Solly their man of the match. When it was announced in the stadium in the area I was sitting there was general bemusement and even some laughter at the choice. He wasn't terrible but a long way from a MOTM performance.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
The match sponsors named Solly their man of the match. When it was announced in the stadium in the area I was sitting there was general bemusement and even some laughter at the choice. He wasn't terrible but a long way from a MOTM performance.

Totally agree. He's a winger that can't beat a man or cross. Good at passing backwards though.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
My sympathies. My next door neighbour was diagnosed just over a year ago, and died a couple of weeks later. He was in his 50s, and otherwise fit and healthy.

And there you have it. One minute we’re minding our own business, the next...

A night at the Amex is never wasted, no matter the score. It’s good for the soul just to be among my tribe every now and then.

Best regards to you all. Even the grumpy ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here