Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford *** Official Match Thread ***

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9238396 said:
Webster totally exposed again by Doucoure for their goal.

I’ve been struggling to find away to blame him, but frankly he was nowhere near getting a tackle in. Didn’t even run.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Boood off and rightly so
What is it with this team and potter is it him keep tinkering
Does he not know what his best team is
Is he trying to b to clever
Whatever’s it is we r bang in trouble keep putting in these performances
Bmuff West Ham first half today first half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not defending Potter. But don’t you think that our squad lacks several key elements to be a successful midtable PL team?

Lack of pace.
Lack of power.
A series of iffy RB’s.

This season and last, a lack of defensive shape and bodies back, allowing opponents to destroy us on the counter.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Don’t think we have the necessary quality in the squad. Who do you look to to prove that spark or bit of quality when the rest of the team is under performing?

That man should be Trossard but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to be happening for him. Mac Allister could be that player but alas we don't fully know yet

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As I said last week, a season defining 45 minutes coming up

Trossard too isolated and not involved.

Too many passes in the build up, we need to get to either March or Trossard on the first ball before Watford adjust and then run at them

Pissing about at the back again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't have any real shape or ability against their defensive banks of 4

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We’re embarrassing. Murray Player Manager until end of the season. Potter six year deal must be one of the most bizarre contracts in football history. He hasn’t a clue about selection, formation, subs...his only consistency is the joke lineup he announces each week.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
First match I’ve been to all season and, current score notwithstanding, I’m enjoying the evening. Great to be back at The Amex and taking in a live match with a Harvey’s.

My next door neighbour has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He’s not yet 60 and the prognosis is grim. That’s beyond shit and nights like tonight have to be treasured. I don’t care about the result (well, I do but not that much) and I’ll be coming here as long as my health and wealth allow, whatever division we’re in.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9238396 said:
Webster totally exposed again by Doucoure for their goal.

I get the gag but neither Duffy nor Webster have been anywhere near good enough this season .

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
We’re embarrassing. Murray Player Manager until end of the season. Potter six year deal must be one of the most bizarre contracts in football history. He hasn’t a clue about selection, formation, subs...his only consistency is the joke lineup he announces each week.

I think a good amount of fans did call for some of the selections he made today. The issue is that nothing seems to be working for us whilst playing this system, is it a lack of quality in the squad or just tactical naivety?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
First match I’ve been to all season and, current score notwithstanding, I’m enjoying the evening. Great to be back at The Amex and taking in a live match with a Harvey’s.

My next door neighbour has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He’s not yet 60 and the prognosis is grim. That’s beyond shit and nights like tonight have to be treasured. I don’t care about the result (well, I do but not that much) and I’ll be coming here as long as my health and wealth allow, whatever division we’re in.

Yep, that's too real. Puts our annoyances in perspective. Best wishes and thoughts to your neigbour

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
The sad reality is Webster is no where near good enough on current form and unfortunately it looks like Duffy isn’t either. Gross and Mooy have been terrible. Trossard has barely seen the ball and Schelotto shouldn’t even be a footballer. Again for me the lack of really good signings early in the transfer window, particularly a striker, has killed us.

I think it was a mistake not to get Ben White back from Leeds. I know he doesn't have Premiership experience, but he's played against Premiership teams and you can see he's at that level.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think a good amount of fans did call for some of the selections he made today. The issue is that nothing seems to be working for us whilst playing this system, is it a lack of quality in the squad or just tactical naivety?

Definitely bit of both. Hence the shite we’re in. He never seems to pick the team results seem to suggest, always 2 or sometimes 3 oddities.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think it was a mistake not to get Ben White back from Leeds. I know he doesn't have Premiership experience, but he's played against Premiership teams and you can see he's at that level.
Leeds have been pathetically poor lately. Even White has been really poor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here