Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Our biggest problem currently imho. We can’t play consistently well for more than about twenty minutes. Usually we start slowly, give up a daft goal and by then it’s too late.

Exactly this - it's the lack of consistency that's our undoing. We can play most teams off the pitch one week, and struggle to tie our shoelaces the next.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Norwich will be looking forward to playing us, knowing our lack of threat in front of goal, at least they won’t have to keep it tight for the first twenty minutes to silence the crowd, we have that covered already from the get go….

Nailed on smash & grab by Norwich.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Radio Sussex asking the tough questions of Potter as usual. Apparently we all need a break.

I certainly do.

:lolol: Radio Snooze and the Evening Argus - you’d be hard pushed to find a combo capable of giving the club an easier time. Sort of the Cliff Richard of football journalism.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Norwich will be looking forward to playing us, knowing our lack of threat in front of goal, at least they won’t have to keep it tight for the first twenty minutes to silence the crowd, we have that covered already from the get go….

Nailed on smash & grab by Norwich.

Of course it is. We will be utterly clueless going forward, whilst Sanchez will make a huge blunder to give Norwich 3 pts. With some pretty passing and lots of possession inbetween. There you go. Match report written already.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We are a bunch of techincally competent players but our squad has very little power and very little pace (bar Lamptey) which is why we are so ponderous going forward.

March, Gross, Trossard, Macallister, Moder and Maupay are all so slow with no power and no pace. Think we need 3 of them out for people with the ATTRIBUTES in that we need. From that, id get rid of March, Gross and one from Tross (form and contribution is alarming), Moder or Macallister. No threat. We know it. The opposition know it. The players know it. Potter has been very poor too and seems to be uninspiring to everyone.

It reads a bit harsh, but your general point is valid. The squad is unbalanced. We only have Biss with any power, and in today’s starting XI had zero pace. That isn’t the fault of any of those players - all good players but don’t have the right other players alongside them. All sopranos and no tenors (or something like that).

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just woke up and had a look at the stats.
0 shots on target compared to their 7.
I usually watch the replay after work, but don't think I will bother.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Have no idea where to start, as there was so much not to like about the whole evening from seeing the line up to the faff getting home… so I’ll narrow it down to being gobsmacked at the dire decision making by some players, coupled with dire decision making by Potter, and I’ll throw in the mind draining slow pace at which we barely move the ball forward.

In two months we’ve gone from outclassing Chelsea, to looking an absolute shambles.

There must surely be a reason.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Now before I post, let me be clear that I am very much Potter in, I trust in Tony and believ he is doing the right thing by the club.
But my overriding emotion after tonight is....

****OFFANDDIEYOUBUNCHOFUSELESS****ING****Z.POTTERDON'TEVENBOTHERTOTRYANDSPINSOMEPOSITIVEBULLSHITINYOURNEXTPRESSCONFERENCE.5SHOTSONTARGETIN4HOMEGAMES!ONLYONEOFWHICHLOOKED LIKE GOINGIN.GO ****YOURSELFYOU****INGDICK

See you all for the Norwich game

UTA.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Spuds should have won that 5-0. Be thankful it was only 2.
Our midfield at the moment is woeful in both ends of the pitch

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Emperors new clothes. Biggest load bollocks in too flight football. Did Cloughie need to do a course? Paisley? Dalglish? Ferguson? Klopp? Moanrinho?

When ever I hear Potter speak I wonder how he ever inspires anyone.

Tonight like the previous 4 home games followed the same pattern, to which he offered **** all. Dunk has completely lost the ability to kick a ball. March is awful, Gross too slow and thinks he's playing with 4ft tall players. He put Lamptey on yet played him behind Mavis March (ohh I don't really know). Sanchez is going backwards (especially for the second goal). Shocking to watch professional footballers (Maupay) attempting to spin from 6 yards out to be able to kick it with his better foot.

Meanwhile Potter standing there with hands in pockets talking to his Scottish sidekick offering nothing at all to change the fact for game after game we are still ****ing about with it constantly whether in our own half, supposedly chasing the game or the having the ability to constantly find a team mate just outside the opposition who as obviously coached to be facing the wrong direction. Who then passes it straight back or flicks it in hope behind them, all while be surrounded by 6 opposition players. Every shooting chance is given up to pass out wide, only for the ball to be re-cycled back to Dunk and co.

There's no passion, a lack of effort, a lack of any direction from the side lines and the same players getting the games time after time.

Potter we are entitled, entitled to better (at home especially for your record is appalling). We should also remember our history, the one where we looked like scoring at home.

Boo? Too ****ing right I did.

Shocking Potter. Haven't heard his interview but if it was anything like the one after Liverpool, Putin will want him in his press office.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Just woke up and had a look at the stats.
0 shots on target compared to their 7.
I usually watch the replay after work, but don't think I will bother.
OzMike think have bad it was treble it & it was still a lot worse than that.at least the rain [emoji2414] had stopped by full time

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
If lloris were not on the pitch and wasn’t even replaced we still would have lost.

Not one single save was made.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have no idea where to start, as there was so much not to like about the whole evening from seeing the line up to the faff getting home… so I’ll narrow it down to being gobsmacked at the dire decision making by some players, coupled with dire decision making by Potter, and I’ll throw in the mind draining slow pace at which we barely move the ball forward.

In two months we’ve gone from outclassing Chelsea, to looking an absolute shambles.

There must surely be a reason.

Burn, always an outlet and a better defender than anyone else currently and Ashworth maybe

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
When ever I hear Potter speak I wonder how he ever inspires anyone.

Tonight like the previous 4 home games followed the same pattern, to which he offered **** all. Dunk has completely lost the ability to kick a ball. March is awful, Gross too slow and thinks he's playing with 4ft tall players. He put Lamptey on yet played him behind Mavis March (ohh I don't really know). Sanchez is going backwards (especially for the second goal). Shocking to watch professional footballers (Maupay) attempting to spin from 6 yards out to be able to kick it with his better foot.

Meanwhile Potter standing there with hands in pockets talking to his Scottish sidekick offering nothing at all to change the fact for game after game we are still ****ing about with it constantly whether in our own half, supposedly chasing the game or the having the ability to constantly find a team mate just outside the opposition who as obviously coached to be facing the wrong direction. Who then passes it straight back or flicks it in hope behind them, all while be surrounded by 6 opposition players. Every shooting chance is given up to pass out wide, only for the ball to be re-cycled back to Dunk and co.

There's no passion, a lack of effort, a lack of any direction from the side lines and the same players getting the games time after time.

Potter we are entitled, entitled to better (at home especially for your record is appalling). We should also remember our history, the one where we looked like scoring at home.

Boo? Too ****ing right I did.

Shocking Potter. Haven't heard his interview but if it was anything like the one after Liverpool, Putin will want him in his press office.

Spot on.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It did seem to stem from then, but I can't begin to think what it could be.

I doubt anything actually happened at half time, but those 5 minutes of lax play when we conceded and then Dunk got sent off have been pivotal in this second half of the season, especially as Webster also got injured at some point in that half. Hard to believe now that that was our first league defeat in 2 months at the time.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
cannot remember seeing the stadium so empty 5 mins before the final whistle. Wasn't that full with bums in seats at he kick off. Many empty seats all around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here