Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We have a reasonable chance, certainly a point at least. Key will be watching Bale doesn't drift into space unchecked and making sure Son doesn't get free runs. a good solid clatter early on to a knee maybe.

IF and its a bigger if than ever, we take our chances, we could win. If we don't, ie normal service, then a draw will be as good as it gets.

Hopefully Maupay and Connolly have been shown videos of them taking early shots and scoring goals this week. We don't have to pass it in.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
It`s annoying that we finally earn our place at the big table , then spend all our time apologising for being here . Just go out there and smash em , ave it ! :albion2::albion2::albion2:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think we’ll do it tonight.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I just want us to win early and win big only to shut the *doom pessimists * on here ruining yet another match day thread with incessant criticism of our players who are trying their level best and undermining our manager at every opportunity.
We are supposedly 'supporters' so let's support whether we win, lose or draw, plenty of time at the end of the season for recriminations.
*Was going to use the phrase doom mongers but didn't want to be accused of using derogatory terms to fellow ' supporters'.
Now come in the team let's get the points we deserve or the three points we maybe don't really deserve, we've had more than our share of misfortune, let today be the day we win deservedly or not. UTA.

I'll go win late by any margin as Spurs have the best record this season of recovering losing positions. Son to have a 'mare without his mate and surely Bale can't score his second goal of the season against the team he scored his only other goal.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
1-3 despite being an even game. Son will grab a couple. Ref will help them out too. Our goal will be a bit special but we'll miss some clearer chances.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Have we won yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Fascinating to see how he decides to accommodate Gross, Biss and White again.

You get the feeling that Gross has really started to flourish in his deep what I call “quarterback” role. But if we start him in CM we have to either drop Biss (as we did at Leeds), or push Ben back into CB.

And Ben, despite what Leeds fans think, has stated to look a very big influence in midfield. Tough call.

[tweet]1354727114222809091[/tweet]

(Or Potter does his thing and finds a new left field combination, eg with Proper or Lallana).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking at the table, a win puts us right in the pack with Leeds, Newcastle, Burnley and Wolves which would make for comfortable viewing.

We would be if Burnley and Newcastle hadn't pulled themselves up the table with wins. Even a win today won't move us above - or even level with - anybody.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
We would be if Burnley and Newcastle hadn't pulled themselves up the table with wins. Even a win today won't move us above - or even level with - anybody.

Doesn't matter about those above us at the moment, it's all about getting away from those below us.:clap2:

So a win or draw is good result.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At least with no Kane there's less chance of someone leaving the pitch in a neck brace.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
e94ecba75966c42a97530a3961ff9998.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ill take a narrow but hard fought defeat, no fresh injuries or suspensions, ready for the games we have a chance of winning with the teams around us.

0-2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here