Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
on paper saints are far from ....they have some good players .....as we are currently witnessing.

Fair enough, but they're far from PL level cream. It's so frustrating how negatively we seem to have set up today - why?!? The table doesn't lie, they're not brilliant - yet we're so contained, it's like we're playing on beta-blockers.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's not great. It's a terrible game, between two very average teams... I sometimes wonder If I'd enjoy my football more in a division where we feel we can attack and entertain our fans... I know we all love the PL tag, but this really is (most weeks) predictably shite.

If we were to go down, do you really think we would be challenging for promotion again?
What's the point?
It would be more of the same.
More likely a relegation fight from the championship. Massive drop in income. Get rid of half the squad.But still we got to a semi final.
They have been in the PL a lot longer than us and have a lot classier players.
We need to stay up and invest in midfield in the summer

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we were to go down, do you really think we would be challenging for promotion again?
What's the point?
More likely a relegation fight from the championship. Massive drop in income. Get rid of half the squad.But still we got to a semi final.

Half the squad? Who would buy half the squad of a club that’s not good enough for the Premier League? We’d sell (yes sell for millions) about 3 players probably.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Fair enough, but they're far from PL level cream. It's so frustrating how negatively we seem to have set up today - why?!? The table doesn't lie, they're not brilliant - yet we're so contained, it's like we're playing on beta-blockers.

I think our manager has something to do with it.
Oh well, perhaps we'll do a Milwall!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
What's the point?

Again I take your point, but it's a little bit of a stretch to assume we'd collapse in the championship - as I doubt Hughton would lose his job, and I would expect the brakes to come off and our attacking intent to return. It's about enjoying football, as season after season of struggle - well it's hardly inspiring is it? Southampton started today in pretty much the same position as us - yet you're telling me they're a classier established team. If that's what we have to look forward to, then it's just a bit meh tbh.

Hey ho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here