Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Yes, but the 1 we were exceedingly lucky to beat both Swindon, and Bristol, and the 3 defeats were all an utter shambles.

We are simply not a playoff club.

Championship again next season, sadly :nono:

Really? Derby at home we deserved to win. Previous seasons are irrelevant.

We are better than the other teams in playoff if all plod along the time then we have a good chance of winning the playoffs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes, but the 1 we were exceedingly lucky to beat both Swindon, and Bristol, and the 3 defeats were all an utter shambles.

You're a misery, aren't you?

Previous play offs have no bearing on how we'll do this year. None of the starting 11 tonight have even been involved in our previous 2 attempts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well that was a bit crap.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
That was the worst game I've seen this season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whoever posted that is clearly mental!

When people do those predictor tables they never predict enough draws. I think there'll be a maximum of 4 points between 1st and 4th, and 89/90 points will probably win it. The last two games will see the top 4 all with a chance of automatics. 86/87 will be 1 or 2 points short

I think the comment I used at the time was 'batshit'.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looking forward, the next two games are must wins. Reading next Tuesday is winnable with their focus on the FA Cup and with a week's rest meaning Kayal should be back, and then away at MK Dons in front of c6,000 Albion fans. After those two we'll be in a much better place to assess our chances of automatic promotion. 6 points, and it's game on. Anything less and I think we can look forward to the playoffs.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Taken in isolation, a draw against Preston was perfectly respectable. It's only in the context of dreaming of a top two finish that some of us think it wasn't good enough. We shouldn't expect to finish second, but after our season it's understandable that we dream of it, and the dream got harder on Saturday. That's all.

My post is aimed at below user. Who, before this season begun doomed us to relegation. Moaning that we need to spend big to get results and that the signings we made were not good enough (this was in late June/early July).

The same user is now complaining that we will be in the championship again this season.

****ing brilliant.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You're a misery, aren't you?

Previous play offs have no bearing on how we'll do this year. None of the starting 11 tonight have even been involved in our previous 2 attempts.
Yes, I am a misery.

I am miserable that today we blew our chance of top 2.

Well, of course the mathematics still give us a chance, but I nail my colours to the mask and say we are not finishing in an automatic promotion spot.

So, with that in mind I am no longer thinking of points totals and am looking at each game in isolation.

Bring on Reading, let's beat them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My post is aimed at below user. Who, before this season begun doomed us to relegation. Moaning that we need to spend big to get results and that the signings we made were not good enough (this was in late June/early July).

The same user is now complaining that we will be in the championship again this season.

****ing brilliant.
Was I? I forget, but I don't remember thinking our signings were not good enough.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Was I? I forget, but I don't remember thinking our signings were not goid enough.

You essentially went into absolute melt down because we weren't making enough signings and you were complaining about Harper and Hambo not being for the first team. You then declared we were going to be relegated based on these facts. As you said, you may have forgotten what you were saying whilst you were enjoying our run of good form.

Truthfully, any toy throwing because we may miss out on automatics is pretty stupid given the job we've done so far. Hughton has turned a spineless, toothless bunch of individuals into a cohesive, hard working and tight knit group of lads. Yes, there have been a few disappointing results along the way; however, why on earth are people now, like the did in pre-season, declaring the outcome of our season pre-emptively, I will never know.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You essentially went into absolute melt down because we weren't making enough signings and you were complaining about Harper and Hambo not being for the first team. You then declared we were going to be relegated based on these facts. As you said, you may have forgotten what you were saying whilst you were enjoying our run of good form.

Truthfully, any toy throwing because we may miss out on automatics is pretty stupid given the job we've done so far. Hughton has turned a spineless, toothless bunch of individuals into a cohesive, hard working and tight knit group of lads. Yes, there have been a few disappointing results along the way; however, why on earth are people now, like the did in pre-season, declaring the outcome of our season pre-emptively, I will never know.
I genuinely don't remember ever having those views about Harper and Hambo, and as far as I recall have always been happy with them as signings.

This is odd, being called out on views I don't remember. Maybe I am going mad. Probably will it at that on NSC for a while.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hindsight is great, as perhaps as it became obvious we were not going to score should CH have brought Bong on at left back with 15 mins to go and pushed Liam Rosenior out wide right?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Hindsight is great, as perhaps as it became obvious we were not going to score should CH have brought Bong on at left back with 15 mins to go and pushed Liam Rosenior out wide right?

He could have brought on the Household Cavelry and we still wouldnt have scored with our under-performing centre midfield pairing.
We didnt look as if we could score in a brothel last night.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I genuinely don't remember ever having those views about Harper and Hambo, and as far as I recall have always been happy with them as signings.

This is odd, being called out on views I don't remember. Maybe I am going mad. Probably will it at that on NSC for a while.

I don't remember your summer gloom, and you clearly haven't been mad, but your posts are prompting me to rethink that view. We're set for the play-offs, probably with the second leg at home which, in my book, gives us a slight advantage in that tie. The final could go either way. What's happened to the participants in past-play offs means folk all -- to suggest otherwise is simply bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here