[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Half time we need to make a change. We need to get Trossard and March as wide as possible and on the ball as much as possible. Possibly revert to a 4 at the back or just a three with White in midfield. No point trying to run through the middle.
Actually I'd get Alzate on for Veltman or White.

This. I'm at the game and we have so little width - especially on the right...

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
For me the problem is Veltman. Not that he isn’t a very good player but he’s not a wing back. We need width on the right and the left.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Biggest 45 minutes of Potter's tenure so far coming up. The in/out-ometer is going to swing a fair bit if we don't get three points from this position

yes .....yes indeed , although i donut think the result of this game will matter over all , if these players cant work out how to beat this lot , cast away bottom dwellers on 1 point down to 10 men before half time ....just have a go ffs.....!!!!!!:drink::drink::drink:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Jahanbaksh for Veltman..... going to a back four?

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
To put it incredibly politely, I think that's stretching the truth somewhat!

But I agree, get him on the pitch because Maupay couldn't hit a barn for at the moment. If he stumbled into a brothel he'd end up shagging their pet dog!

Maupay seems to be better at scoring from more difficult chances than easy ones, actually a bit like Wellbeck. Also doesn't help that he'ss playing wide left in a front 3.

As we don't have any big strikers (unless you include Wellbeck) and no proper wingers, or anyone that can cross a ball, I don't see the point playing 3 up front. Better of playing Mac Allister (or Lallana) behind a front 2. i can understand Potter wanting to stretch their defence, but it's not working if we don't have the players to cross the ball or get on the end of any crosses.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
At home, against the bottom side who only have one point and playing with 10 men ....

tenor.gif

:whisky:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Veltman signalled for a sub in the 43rd minute so someone had to come on. Thought Alzate but here we go Ali J. Big game for him.

Looks like we gone 442

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You're living in the past if you don't think that's a red.

Interesting debate on Talksport about. I’m with Brownstuff, but I’m living in the past which was a lot better. By past I mean last season. Generally (not specific to this incident) the Game is now all about squealing rolling cheating and now VAR as they debated. Var is there to overturn everything where the ref feels pressure. It’s why football is now utter shite.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Maybe another worldie from AJ can save this match. Come on Ali, stick it in the onion bag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports