Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m really looking forward to this game, it should be a realy good tactical battle. If the general media removed themselves from their ‘top 6’ obsession, this should be recognised as one of the games of the weekend. Far more entertaining than hours of chat about the Lampard/Mourinho post match handshake we’ll have to hear about.

Im fairness to ex goalie and Ostersunds coach David Preece on the Totally Football Show, he did recognise it and also said he thought it was a battle between two future England managers.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Chris Wilder said :
"they're a powerful football club. I know a little bit about them too, from a period I had there as a player."

I can't remember him as a player...... anybody recall him turning out for us?
Whatever he knows, we have changed a lot, that's for sure.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Chris Wilder said :
"they're a powerful football club. I know a little bit about them too, from a period I had there as a player."

First year at Withdean Wilder played for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chris Wilder said :

11 matches for us in 1999 (and no, I didn't get that from memory either!)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I’m really looking forward to this game, it should be a realy good tactical battle. If the general media removed themselves from their ‘top 6’ obsession, this should be recognised as one of the games of the weekend. Far more entertaining than hours of chat about the Lampard/Mourinho post match handshake we’ll have to hear about.

Im fairness to ex goalie and Ostersunds coach David Preece on the Totally Football Show, he did recognise it and also said he thought it was a battle between two future England managers.

The Times has it as the Match of the day.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I remember us playing Sheffield Utd at Withdean in Steve Coppell's first game in charge.

It was 2-2, then up stepped Prosser the Tosser to give them (as I recall) two of the softest penalties in football history, followed up by him making a completely unsubstantiated accusation of racist abuse by one of our players to one of theirs.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As far as today goes, I think 2-1 to us, Trossard and Mooy to score.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I remember us playing Sheffield Utd at Withdean in Steve Coppell's first game in charge.

It was 2-2, then up stepped Prosser the Tosser to give them (as I recall) two of the softest penalties in football history, followed up by him making a completely unsubstantiated accusation of racist abuse by one of our players to one of theirs.
Remember it well Prosser from Sheffield definitely angered the Withdean faithful many took out their anger on the advertising boards.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Will be in WSU for this one. Looking forward to a tight game. 1-0 to the Seagulls

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Think we were 2-0 up quite early on as several of their fans left in disgust...........

And yes, Prosser completely ruined that game

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Think we were 2-0 up quite early on as several of their fans left in disgust...........

And yes, Prosser completely ruined that game
Yep, I think Graham Barrett scored one or both of ours.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's good to see two exciting young English managers managing teams outperforming expectations in the Premier League. I think we'll get beat but it doesn't matter so much after our recent run of results.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this the first game that Robert Jones has ever been the ref in The Premier or just his first this season as looking at his stats he has done Championship games this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here