[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
It's obvious why he picks Webster over Duffy. Webster is more useful on the ball.

However his defensive liability is a great concern. He's still young and learning though, so I hope the fans don't get on his back.
I don't see it sorry. He looks almost a liability on the ball. Accident waiting to happen..and it has happened a few times already.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Sheffield United look a very tight unit.

Even when we started to get our shit together there was clearly still no way through, or around.

Even Liverpool struggled to break them down and only won by a late penalty. They deserve their 5th place in the league. Wilder has done a fantastic job with them.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What the actual **** is “GraPott” :ffsparr:

Is it really difficult to say Potter

What makes one shortening better than another? GraPott=2 syllables GPott=2 syllables Potter=2 syllables

I like GraPott!!!!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
At fault for the first goal and thankfully Barndoor McGoldrick can’t score otherwise it’d have been 2 goals at fault.

I genuinely don’t understand why he’s in the side ahead of Duffy.

Would be amazed if he starts the next one

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Propper, Gross and Mooy complete an outclassed quartet. Aimless flicks mopped up with ease by a far superior midfield.

This is why it's a mystery that Alzate was dropped. He's the one player (other than Trossard I guess, but not today) who is capable of dribbling past players and making things happen.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think the disappointing thing was the lack of movement, even when on top.

At times we could have thrown a flannel onto the pitch that could have kept the midfield warm and dry, such was their confusion over what space to occupy, and the strikers didn't really want to stretch the backline either. We didn't help that we kept overplaying unnecessarily too.

Credit to Connolly, Propper and Bissouma in the 2nd half who made good positive contributions, but in the 2nd I thought Stephens was just getting in the way and sadly Murray offered very little.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Absolutely dreadful. Comfortably the worst performance under Potter.

Potter is a brilliant, intelligent manager though and sometimes a game like today can be a good thing in the long run when it confirms a few issues in the manager’s mind. In my mind:

1. Murray shouldn’t feature at all anymore;

2. Burn has been a revelation in many ways for me this season but isn’t the long term left back solution - it’s just not his natural position. Either Bernardo needs to come in or we get someone else;

3. Stephens is nowhere as good as many on here say and he should not be guaranteed a start. There’s no way he should have come back in to start today after Monday night. He’s just a very average defensive midfielder who doesn’t make players around him better like the best defensive midfielders do;

4. We desperately need to sign another attacker, a right back, a left back and ideally another defensive midfielder in January.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
I don't see it sorry. He looks almost a liability on the ball. Accident waiting to happen..and it has happened a few times already.

He's certainly not in the side on merit. loses concentration and his man too often. not great in air considering his height. looks nervous.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Absolutely dreadful. Comfortably the worst performance under Potter.

Potter is a brilliant, intelligent manager though and sometimes a game like today can be a good thing in the long run when it confirms a few issues in the manager’s mind. In my mind:

1. Murray shouldn’t feature at all anymore;

2. Burn has been a revelation in many ways for me this season but isn’t the long term left back solution - it’s just not his natural position. Either Bernardo needs to come in or we get someone else;

3. Stephens is nowhere as good as many on here say and he should not be guaranteed a start. There’s no way he should have come back in to start today after Monday night. He’s just a very average defensive midfielder who doesn’t make players around him better like the best defensive midfielders do;

4. We desperately need to sign another attacker, a right back, a left back and ideally another defensive midfielder in January.

We need another CB as well, as none of our defenders are actually very fast or can handle being run at.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Even Liverpool struggled to break them down and only won by a late penalty. They deserve their 5th place in the league. Wilder has done a fantastic job with them.

I see that they have the third best defence in the league; not surprising after seeing that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our Championship winning team would have coped better with Sheffield United imo. By far our most clueless performance of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports