Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Reading *** Official Match Thread ***

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Although the result in isolation doesn't matter at all the fact that we played our all our first string strikers who failed to spark yet again is a worry to me, six seasons of not having enough quality up front is starting to grate.
Hopefully we'll get Leo back on a half season loan on January 1st to fire us to top 2 :rock:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our biggest problem and tye one that will cause alarm was the delivery of the balls into the box. With 1 man advantage it was almost inevitable that we would attack them which we did but every delivery especially from the right and deep was aimed much too near to their keeper so made his job easy. This coupled with a good display bh their central defenders ensured a victory. I am sure that this will give CH concern.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He would not solve the problem our problem is the striker playing off Hemed or Mùrray.
He has a record of a goal every 2 championship games.

At that rate he'd already have 4 this season.

That'll do for me.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just praying that Reading don't get a home tie against Man City or United now though :tantrum:

We want Norwich to get a home tie with Man United to distract them and lose hem League points. They might win as well.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rosenior is out for months though right?

A big blow and one not anticipated so early in the season. I don't think Skalak is any better than Colunga and Lopez, yet.

Manu for a start?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It is becoming ever more clear to me that there is a tendency at the club not to invest in strikers. I wish I knew what was behind this.

Agree. Or why teams like Brentford with their moneyball approach like ours seem to pluck them from thin air while we tit around with relative dross. What IS our problem?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Norwich to play Leeds. Best if Norwich get distracted by a Cup run.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Agree. Or why teams like Brentford with their moneyball approach like ours seem to pluck them from thin air while we tit around with relative dross. What IS our problem?

Brentford last year finished 24 points behind us whilst we titted around with relative dross.

So far this season they've lost to Rotherham, Exeter, and Huddersfield and have the same points as us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here