Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Peterborough United **** Official Match Thread ****

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If 10 of those 11 players play, we'll win 7-0 in a display of outrageous football. Peterborough's league 1 centre backs are going to get an absolute lesson tonight from CMS, we've already seen how Barnsley's crap centre backs struggled and Peterborough come here with two league 1 centre backs and a goalkeeper plucked fresh out of league 2. It's a shame for CMS that it happens to be his old team, but they really are there for the taking tonight.

But we still have to be professional and get the job done, we should win easily but if the players aren't focused and don't start as we did against Leeds then it could become a bit of a slog, which it doesn't need to.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This would do for me. Would like to Hoskins feature in some capacity.

As would I, but who drops from the bench? Painter would be the obvious because Calderon can cover any of the defensive positions and Hammond has played centre back already for a spell this season so we probably don't need a second defender on the bench, but I suspect we will have. Hoskins would probably replace LuaLua from the 18 which would be a shame, the damage LuaLua could do to this Peterborough team... and the confidence he would gain from it could be very valuable. I would give him half an hour, the game should be wrapped up by then.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As would I, but who drops from the bench? Painter would be the obvious because Calderon can cover any of the defensive positions and Hammond has played centre back already for a spell this season so we probably don't need a second defender on the bench, but I suspect we will have. Hoskins would probably replace LuaLua from the 18 which would be a shame, the damage LuaLua could do to this Peterborough team... and the confidence he would gain from it could be very valuable. I would give him half an hour, the game should be wrapped up by then.

What about Ashley Bar..... no I jest of course!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think I would stick with Barnes to start tonight. He played well against Leeds and his defensive skills are so much a part of what he brings and will count v Posh who will attack whatever. Dobbie needs starts but he doesnt chase back as effectively (if at all)

Coming fast out of the blocks will be crucial tonight - not necessarily scoring early but being on our game and in control.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What about Ashley Bar..... no I jest of course!

I don't know why people bother suggesting he doesn't start! I have, once again, but it's futile. He'll start, probably instead of Dobbie.

But at some point Gus is going to remove the handbrake and there's going to be a team which gets absolutely shafted.

D

Deleted member 22389

I thought Dobbie was a different quality when he came on Friday night, playing just behind CMS. He should be starting IMO.

I agree just for one match swap BarneS for Dobbie and see what happens.
We have not seen the best of Dobbie yet, because he is simply not getting enough game time. Has he even played a full match since joining?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Kuszczak
Bruno Greer Dunk Bridge
Hammond Crofts
Buckley Dobbie Orlandi
Mackail-Smith​

Subs; Ankergren, Calderon, Painter, Dicker, Lopez, LuaLua, Barnes.

This. Maybe a coin flip for Hammond or Dicker to start. I'm a Barnes fan but Dobbie has looked good off the bench and would like to see him get a chance in a 'more winnable' game, and Buckley/Orlandi are undroppable after the Leeds performance.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This. Maybe a coin flip for Hammond or Dicker to start. I'm a Barnes fan but Dobbie has looked good off the bench and would like to see him get a chance in a 'more winnable' game, and Buckley/Orlandi are undroppable after the Leeds performance.

I'm declaring. I've been wondering who to get on the back of my green and black away shirt and now the decision has been made. It will be debuted tonight. :clap:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Kuszczak
Bruno Greer Dunk Bridge
Hammond Crofts
Buckley Dobbie Orlandi
Mackail-Smith​

Subs; Ankergren, Calderon, Painter, Dicker, Lopez, LuaLua, Barnes.

Cant see Gus starting without Barnes, but i wouldnt mind seeing this team. If Dobbie starts he seriously needs to perform as he has obviously only done ONE thing in each of his 7 appearances.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Scouting Report

We have not got the 99% win forecast that we had for the Millwall home game last season, but at about 92% it is not far off. I forecasted a 4-3 victory for the Albion. Par must be a home win by one or two goals.

BHA v Peterborough - Score Predictor - Page 4

Scout says the George Boyd (transfer-listed) is not the only Peterborough player to worry about. Six goals this season, some of them spectacular. Emile Sinclair scored a hatrick away at Hull when Peterborough notched up a surprise win.

Hull were chasing a seventh straight home win but were undone by Sinclair's pace and power.
Having scored twice at the venue for Macclesfield last season, Sinclair opened the scoring in the 23rd minute after blocking a clearance on the halfway line, executing a perfect tackle on Stephen Quinn before racing clear to go round Amos.
It was 2-0 eight minutes later when Boyd played Sinclair through on goal, before Simpson set up an exciting finish by reducing the deficit with a fine 61st minute effort.

But man-of-the-match Sinclair earned Posh their first league win since the final day of last season after another individual run and fine finish from the edge of the penalty area.

They also have a young player Saido Berahino on loan from West Brom and he could be a nuisance in attack for them.

It really does not look like a straightforward win at all. It looks like an awkward banana skin when we need to get two goals ahead and cannot be complacent. In Gus's words we have to be patient.

I think Dunk may be suited to this match, playing the ball out of defence.

Peterborough full-back Kgosi Ntlhe hobbled from the field against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Ntlhe may well be absent, while wing-back Tommy Rowe's ankle injury means he is rated only 50-50 to feature.

Peter Grant and Dave Hibbert are Peterborough's other absentees.

BBC Sport - Football - Peterborough United

Team v Wednesday

01 Olejnik
03 Alcock
04 Brisley
19 Little
24 Ntlhe (Newell - 62' )
06 Bostwick Booked
11 McCann (Swanson - 74' )
20 Knight-Percival
08 Tomlin
10 Boyd
38 Berahino (Mendez-Laing - 82' )
Substitutes
13 Day
05 Zakuani
07 Swanson
17 Newell
18 Ferdinand
44 Mendez-Laing
09 Barnett

Brighton v Peterboro - 6th Nov 2012 | Preview | Championship | Sky Sports Football

BBC Sport - Brighton v Peterborough

BBC Sport - Football - Peterborough United Results

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Posh have sold 248 tickets for tonight

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1