[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy11

Oct 13, 2022
We could have done with Bereton-Diaz , he was available to buy and we missed out as I see a top 6 club will come in for him.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I think the changes will eventually show through. We looked impotent went Potter started his changes.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I agree - we’ve regressed massively on the back of losing GP plain and simple... one simply doesn’t just go out a replace a coach/manager of the quality of GP... we’ve got an untried and untested PL manager and it’s showing... I don’t blame Roberto, but his appointment is starting to look a bit ‘rushed’ and possibly a bit ‘wishful’ in expecting him to take the PL by storm. . . I’m trying to remain positive and (yes) City and Chelsea will most likely be defeats... the truth is I got a sinking feeling the day GP walked and now I’m certain - if we stay up we’ll have done very, very well.
I presume you remember the similar dross we turned out under Potter well into his tenure?

ROBS BROTHER

Jan 27, 2022
the team we put out tonight with the exception of the enforced change due to the retirement of Mwepo was exactly the same as the team that thumped Leicester 5-2 Don't ask me to explain it because I'm lost

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What is this passing through the middle stuff when they have eleven men behind the ball? Who decides that's sensible? And make some proper changes.
Opinions.

I thought we were too obsessed with wing play, making us predictable second half.

Trossard and Lamptey receiving the ball with a standing start at the centre line. No runners.

There was a beautiful Amex goal in Aug/Sept where Caicedo grabbed the ball (and game) by the scruff of the neck. Simply charging forward down the middle, creating chaos, panicking opponents, creating space.

Great teams mix tactics mid game.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
We are pathetic. More so in the second half. De Zerbi smiling as he walks on. f*** off. You have better players than dire Forest and we barely created a clear cut chance.

Gross has been stealing a living since RDZ after being so good before.
What has happened to Welbeck? Looks devoid of confidence. Comes short instead of getting in the box all the time.
Trossard playing with ideas above his station.
March is March but weirdly shows more endeavour than above.
Macallister and Caicedo fine.
Poor passing by Dunk.

Early days but cannot see where RDZ gravitas will come from let alone a win. Small time histrionics on the touchline in his gilet. His only answer was to bring on Lamptey against a packed defence. Weird and devoid tactically. Not convinced at all. Felt after Spurs our best chance of a win would be in the emotion of Potters return.

League placing is brilliant but no way we'll finish there. Palace will easily finish above us at this rate for example.

Gutting we've lost Cucu, Bissouma, Maupay, Mwepu and our coaching team but we should still beat those mugs.
Careful giving an honest assessment you may get accused of being Palace.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The realism is that we're only going to be a mid table side, bordering on pushing for a Euro berth.
I'm guessing a lot of fans started gushing because the Albion were drinking Moet with the big boys, whilst sat in 4th place.
Whereas truthfully it was really us drinking Aldi plonk.
We have to get real, RDZ will get this right, as did GP.
But it won't happen overnight.
I grant you its frustrating as **** to watch, but, we got a point :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You do realise that that was a mirror image of dozens of Potters games?
You're right. This was similar to games like 0-0 v Norwich, or 1-1 v Palace when their only touch in the box was a penalty. RDZ has had 4 games; this is still Potter's team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports