Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Norwich City *** Official Match Thread ***

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just got home, not read the rest so here goes:
Totally outplayed first 20 mins. Should have scored 2 2nd 20 mins or so.
Calde totally ineffective. Too many tricks from midfielders.
Halford MOM by 20 miles.
Best....nah
All in all, not bad but no cutting edge. COG ok but needs to chase down.

He adds that bit of naughtiness ..i hope we give him a contract

PS Hope he does as well next Friday...i fear a thrashing

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Having just got out of jail---my thoughts:
The bloke two seats from me in the grey bobble hat, who takes offence when I say KICK EM when they are SWARMING all over us---feck off.
I told you after ten minutes we would looooose but you were not having it:p
Well done you.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
He adds that bit of naughtiness ..i hope we give him a contract

PS Hope he does as well next Friday...i fear a thrashing

I'm not sure he would want a contract. In his interview on BBC Sussex, when asked about signing for the albion he said he could do worse.
I get the feeling he won't return, I hope I'm wrong as I think he's been decent when he's played.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure he would want a contract. In his interview on BBC Sussex, when asked about signing for the albion he said he could do worse.
I get the feeling he won't return, I hope I'm wrong as I think he's been decent when he's played.

Was quite an interesting interview. Definitely hedging his bets about where he might go, but was pretty positive.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thought Tex was the worst ball give away merchant today. Other than that thought we played OK, Ince and Halford excellent. Really disappointed with Best's performance when he came on as sub - strolled around like he was still in his bedroom slippers. Allowed Ruddy to waste time by not chasing balls coming back to the keeper.
TEx.jpg

I tried to get a picture of Tex with the ball. It took ages cause he kept on losing it.

Kayal and Tex worked together. Tex should have made the keeper make a save in the first half when set up by Beram Kayal. First and second snaps were two seconds apart, Kayal covered about six yards = 13 mph.

Otherwise, Tex had three players on him and Norwich were quicker than most teams to intercept. Whittaker at right back for them was tenacious, but we did not have a wide man/winger on the pitch to make life harder for their full back for 70 minutes.

In the final reckoning it was a wide man, Redmond, who won the match for Norwich.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I tried to get a picture of Tex with the ball. It took ages cause he kept on losing it.

Kayal and Tex worked together. Tex should have made the keeper make a save in the first half when set up by Beram Kayal. First and second snaps were two seconds apart, Kayal covered about six yards = 13 mph.

Otherwise, Tex had three players on him and Norwich were quicker than most teams to intercept. Whittaker at right back for them was tenacious, but we did not have a wide man/winger on the pitch to make life harder for their full back for 70 minutes.

In the final reckoning it was a wide man, Redmond, who won the match for Norwich.

That was much how I saw the game. Tex struggled for about 30 mins and kept losing the ball, much better after that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was a bit surprised to see Inigo today. I thought he normally disappears on Good Friday and returns for the Easter Monday match in a blaze of resurrected glory.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That was much how I saw the game. Tex struggled for about 30 mins and kept losing the ball, much better after that.
Fans were calling for Tex to come off. He did lose the ball a lot, but only because he was trying to make something happen and Norwich were constantly back in numbers. Without him we'd have lost the ball less, but we wouldn't have tried to do anything with it, IMO.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He's a better player just off a striker imho ..what do you think?

Definitely, but with some dodgy decision making that experience will improve. Shame that it's unlikely that he'll be an Albion player when he really takes off, and he will imo.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fans were calling for Tex to come off. He did lose the ball a lot, but only because he was trying to make something happen and Norwich were constantly back in numbers. Without him we'd have lost the ball less, but we wouldn't have tried to do anything with it, IMO.

Disagree, He didn't like how quickly he was being closed down and for twenty mins he lost the ball every time he was on it. Once he got a bit of confidence he improved dramatically. After 20 mins I'd not have moaned if he'd been taken on, I was too hasty :wink:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Didn't we have one of the best defensive records last season?

And not to shabby this season really . If we could score more we'd be fine . Dunk being our top scorer is shocking really .

Thought we did alright yesterday . Good spell at the end of the first and gave it a decent go overall . Some promising signs there IMO .

Fancy us on Monday . Don't think we are w soft touch anymore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here