Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
6 of us are leaving for the match at 0900 as walking from Lancing. Giving something back to AITC as a few of us did a 12 kick off the weight program which was run free by AITC.

UTA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you being sponsored? Is there a link?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I feel like anything less than a win will somewhat undermine the terrific start to the season that we’ve had, all of a sudden the table is very bunched up, even Palace with their 2 wins are just 4 points behind us. Get the win today and 5 wins from 11 and 19 points will look very healthy indeed.

Last edited:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Don't really know what to expect today.

Fully fancy a routine home win based on how unbelievably good we were last week. Then i remember Palace and Norwich and i haven't got a clue.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I don't think I've ever wanted to win a mid-season game as much as I do this one.

Which leaves me VERY nervous, as I am far from confident. This is exactly the type of game we usually stumble over.

I prediect a boring 0-0 but very much hope to be wrong (in the right way).

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
This is a shocking stat, and doesn’t help with my sense of unease about today, driven mostly I think by overconfidence on here:
They have won just four of their 26 Premier League matches against teams starting the day in the relegation zone, scoring just once in the last seven.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Setting myself up for a fall, but I'm massively confident that we'll smash them today. I think we'll take them apart, cricket score incoming.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This is a shocking stat, and doesn’t help with my sense of unease about today, driven mostly I think by overconfidence on here:
They have won just four of their 26 Premier League matches against teams starting the day in the relegation zone, scoring just once in the last seven.

Does this stat help counter your unease?

Brighton are unbeaten in all eight Premier League meetings (W4, D4) and have conceded just one goal in those games.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do we continue without a striker? Our performance was better v Man City after we switched to play without a striker, we got a draw v liverpool without a striker, but starting a home game against a struggling side without one feels wrong.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Do we continue without a striker? Our performance was better v Man City after we switched to play without a striker, we got a draw v liverpool without a striker, but starting a home game against a struggling side without one feels wrong.

False 9 / real 9 if Maupay can get involved in the interchangeable system for me Clive

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

I think the main reason we improved was Maupay was replaced by Trossard, whose touch is far better, we then kept the ball, Maupay is not great when trying to play link or hold up.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
geordie.JPG

:moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Be interesting to see if GPott fancies giving Lamptey a start today. He absolutely TERRORISED them last season. Perhaps he's been nursing him back with this very game in mind...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here