Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Snoozefest. Literally so boring. None of the players look interested or bothered at all. I know we’re safe and this is a mid table clash but this must be so mind numbing for any other teams fans watching this game.

It would be nice to think the players would want to finish above Palace but unfortunately it doesn’t work like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I know this is an end of season match, but **** me that was dull.

Mooy has forgotten to be a footballer recently, and we can't play with him and Gross together, there's just no pace.
I like BDB but his left leg stops working the second he gets into a crossing position.
We need to be more assertive in the final third...and if there's a chance, bloody shoot!

On the plus side, Bissouma has been good (tho I am concerned he is on a yellow) and Stephens has been alright in the middle.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
We're crying out for a bit of pace, must be priority in the close season to bring in a wide player who can break the lines. Mooy and Gross in the same team rarely works either.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not many corners lead to goals statistically, for any team.

Not asking for a goal just a ball that gives the attacker a chance. ****ing Dwight Gayle got his head on one ffs.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Overall OK but why are such an absolute joke from corners. Been pathetic for a long time now.

I don’t remember a single corner that ended up as even an attempt on goal since we came back

Trossard has had two attempts on goal from corners/free kicks where it went to him as last man.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Sounds thinks we should have had a penalty for Ritchie's tangle with Maupay, not sure I agree.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Not a fan of the formation. I agree that Mooy and gross can’t be in the same team. Lamp shows what a full back should do ie bomb forward. I like BDB but he is surely not a prem left back.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Never a Pen. Shut the **** up Souness.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In the games since the restart, the last ten against Arsenal, the first twenty against Leicester and when we had already lost against Liverpool seem to be the only times that we have seemed to want to do anything more than just keep the ball. I'd hoped that this was relegation pack nerves, but if it was, it doesn't look like changing this season. Perhaps chuck in MacAllister in attacking midfield. Mooy and Gross was brilliant against Spurs, but doesn't seem to have worked well in any other game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That was exciting. My grandchildren turned up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here