Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Tbf Newcastle were going for it in the last 10mins. We were hanging on a bit.

I don't know whether I'd really describe their play as going for it, they were pumping the ball up to Andy Carroll and Ryan being in no mans land for the corner almost cost us. Other than that, they never really looked like scoring with Dunk and Webster putting in an assured performance once again.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Well done on getting the point but, that was shocking. Everything is soooooo sloooooooow !!

Barely string a pass together, no movement, no pace, misplaced passes and little threat going forward.

Sorry but I'd get shot of Propper, Stephens, Mooy & Gross....all way to slow. Pace is needed if we are to progress and help for Maupay with a quality striker signing.

If not will be in big trouble next season.

UTA

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I enjoy Kieron Dyer as a pundit. I read his autobiography and heard him on a podcast a few months ago, he's interesting and actually offers a good insight into things from an ex-pros perspective.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
To be fair, that's a huge compliment to Potter for so radically transforming the team for the better.

Almost every game was like this with CH near the end.

With not a lot to play for, this performance can be forgiven, particularly as it was the point that has kept us up... but also considering how relentless the post-lockdown fixtures have been.

Oh yeah absolutely.

The needed point aside, that match was a reminder of what was and what I hope will never be again.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Sorry but I'd get shot of Propper, Stephens, Mooy & Gross....all way to slow. Pace is needed if we are to progress and help for Maupay with a quality striker signing.

UTA

Be careful.. some here will accuse of “not being a real fan”

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I enjoy Kieron Dyer as a pundit. I read his autobiography and heard him on a podcast a few months ago, he's interesting and actually offers a good insight into things from an ex-pros perspective.

I must admit I was taken aback by his comment about Dunk and the protection he had in Hughton's system as opposed to now, a very inciteful and astute comment, compared to the rumblings of Souness.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Well done on getting the point but, that was shocking. Everything is soooooo sloooooooow !!

Barely string a pass together, no movement, no pace, misplaced passes and little threat going forward.

UTA

Yeah, sounds look a good idea to get rid of 70% of the midfield that kept us up.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
In December 2019 I made a thread about flying over from the US to visit Brighton and catch a BHA game, and suggested the last home game vs. Newcastle.
Wow would that have been a mistake....
Dullest game I have seen in a long time. Still happy we stay up.
Last game of the season Need a point to stay up 30 thousand plus fans there You would not have found it dull Believe me

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Happy days! PL Status achieved under our own steam, chance to add to the squad, and ultimately a season I have enjoyed. Lots to do, not pretty at times (especially tonight) but I'm delighted..

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Would have been a classic end of season game where the action was secondary to everyone getting hammered in the sun, had fans been allowed in..

Miss that.

WE ARE STAYING UP, I SAID WE ARE STAYING UP !!!:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here