Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
albion-png.164686
man-utd-png.164699

Albion v Man Utd

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue:
The American Express Stadium
Date: Sunday 19th May 2024
Kick-off: 16:00 BST
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Marc Perry, Steven Meredith
Fourth Official: Oliver Langford
VAR: Darren England
Additional VAR: Neil Davies

TEAM NEWS

Brighton will be without Lewis Dunk, who went off at half-time against Chelsea on Wednesday with a knee problem.

Tariq Lamptey will be assessed while Jan Paul van Hecke, Kaoru Mitoma, Jack Hinshelwood, Evan Ferguson, Pervis Estupinan and Solly March remain sidelined.

Manchester United pair Lisandro Martinez and Marcus Rashford returned from injury for the midweek victory against Newcastle.

Raphael Varane and Victor Lindelof are back in training and could be in the squad but Luke Shaw and Harry Maguire will miss out.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Brighton could become the first team to beat Manchester United in five consecutive league games since Norwich City did so between 1988 and 1990.
  • United’s four defeats in six Premier League visits to Brighton leaves them with a loss rate of 67%, their highest against any side in the competition.
Albion
  • Brighton’s only win in nine league games was 1-0 at home to Aston Villa at the start of the month (D3, L5).
  • The Seagulls are aiming to finish in the top half of the Premier League for a third successive season.
  • They have scored just 17 times in their 18 league matches in 2024; only Everton have fewer goals since the turn of the year.
  • Albion have conceded 60 Premier League goals this season, equalling their worst defensive record in the division from 2018-19.
  • Pascal Gross has scored four goals in his last three league meetings with Manchester United.
  • Roberto De Zerbi is aiming to become the fourth manager to win his first three Premier League encounters with United, emulating Carlo Ancelotti, Manuel Pellegrini and Garry Monk.
Man Utd
  • Manchester United have only taken two points from their past five away league games.
  • United have lost 16 Premier League away fixtures under Erik ten Hag - one more than they've won.
  • They could lose 20 competitive games in a season for the first time since suffering 22 defeats in 1973-74, when they were relegated from the top flight.
  • The Red Devils have conceded a club record 58 goals in a Premier League season.
  • They are in danger of finishing a Premier League campaign with a negative goal difference for the first time.
  • Bruno Fernandes’ 113 chances created in the Premier League this campaign is more than any other player.

Roberto De Zerbi's Man Utd Press Conference

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Easy end to the season here and comfortable passage into the Euros this summer for the lads. De Zerbi will be analysing the performance closely, ready to assess the squad during the close season.

I can see a comfortable lunchtime win at Old Trafford - 4-0 to the good guys. Mitoma hattrick and March with the other two.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Wow. Almost 7am and only 1 reply. Is everyone having a lie in or has everyone forgotten that there’s a game today. It would be nice to end RDZ’s time with a win and ensure we remain above Palace.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
It will be interesting to see how the announcement effects the performance. Players are really very fickle. As muchbas some of them love him ill bet there are a few who'll be glad to see the back of him and are eying a route to the first team. Hopefully they'll want to go out with a bang.

Really hope Barco starts today

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I really don’t give a shit about this game now, I no longer even care if Palace and Bournemouth finish above us. I’ll be watching and my views may well change again on kick off

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I cannot give much for our chances today , after yesterday’s announcement. RDZ is now a lame duck manager and with Dunk missing. I wish the announcement had been delayed until after today’s game , we could have approached it better.
MU have improved a bit , although come to think of it they may be in the same position, not knowing who the boss will be next …
Anyway, managers come, managers go but The Albion keeps rolling on :albion:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Right now I’m indifferent to this game. Roberto has pulled the rug from under our season as far I concerned. I have a few hours to get my mojo back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here