Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Bad day at the office. We've not had too many like this in the last 3 years (not that you'd believe it reading some of the ridiculous comments on here). Onwards.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Since Fernandes joined them I think it's 15 games unbeaten.

Including winning at Chelsea and beating Citeh.

Whilst many thought we were heading for a good result tonight.

Football’s normal ££££ order has been restored. With spending of £200m to come this summer on the likes of Sancho, we’ll always look back on the two Amex wins over Mourinho’s ManU with great fondness.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
GP over thinks things, just play the best players in their best positions.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So your happy with this performance are you? Why shouldn’t we compete with Man Utd? Not saying we should win but try to compete. Potters tactics have been naive at best so far!

Your tone is just so negative, blaming Ryan for the first 2 goals when at least 1 of those he could do nothing about, and the other he was unsighted....

And your constant pops at Potter are a bit tedious too...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Am I the only one that doesn't rate Burn? Can't see how he starts at LB over Bernardo. If Burn at least popped up with some headed goals I could understand it in some way but he's woeful at attacking headers for such a big man.

He's lucky for two reasons- firstly he's better with his feet than a man his size usually is, and secondly he's come from relative obscurity. He's not the answer if we want to progress, and if neither March nor Bernardo are rated better LWB then they need to be sold.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Ok, new plan, give it to Trossard.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We have to expect a manager new to this league and fighting the odds to get some wrong. It's galling that Potter's two this season have come against Murdochstein's monster.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
To be fair, other than picking up a last minute winner against the worst Arsenal side in 20+yrs this is pretty much in keeping with how we've been playing under Potter all year. Too many changes, too much tinkering, too many players out of position, poor defensively and little creativity. Otherwise excellent.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Maybe it is my blue tinted specs, but I am getting somewhat miffed by the number of marginal decisions that have been going against us.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
To be fair, other than picking up a last minute winner against the worst Arsenal side in 20+yrs this is pretty much in keeping with how we've been playing under Potter all year. Too many changes, too much tinkering, too many players out of position, poor defensively and little creativity. Otherwise excellent.

Tbf though, our players aren't actually very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here