Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Think were loose but that's not what is keeping me away. Had to go into the office today so no chance I'll be able to make it down and then back home so I'm sitting this one out. Listed my ticket but no takers.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
An interesting read...

Brighton bus driver (city fan) telling them about what buses to get on from the station and quoting £2 fare per person - is he on the take later, thought bus travel was included?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whilst maybe unlikely, if we got even a draw that would be a massive boost for Arsenal given their goal difference situation. It would then be in Arsenal's hands, given Liverpool's loss yesterday.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Can't remember a time recently when my expectations were so low. Whether it's the ridiculous injury list, lack of balls, RDZ off or whatever, but I just can't think with us getting a result. Just hoping not for a hammering.

Still, I'll be there.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Why not see it as an away leg in Europe? Can be good to practice some damage limitation, you never know when it comes in handy. 0-0 then ...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We've had a decent break and I'm sure the staff and players are desperate to claw back some form. If we can return to anything approaching the movement and intensity of last season we can get a result a tonight.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Feels like the players have:
tv show no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

At least when we lose we have the consolation prize that this guy is going to be unhappy

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My hope is we get something from. A nil nil would be a triumph beyond all hope really. My gut is we’ll lose. We don’t seem to be able to produce upsets in these sorts of games where we’ve nothing much to play for. Christ, we even lost to Liverpool recently who upped their game mysteriously compared to everything since. It won’t help that our manager doesn’t want to be here, the injuries and returning to fitness types are many and our support has all gone a bit meh demonstrated by the thousands of plastic Mancs in the home stands tonight.

Obviously we shall now win…(and you can thank me later!) Come on you Super Seagulls!!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
When you look at the best XI we have available versus what we’ve had when we’ve got something against them (and other ‘big’ clubs) it just doesn’t look good enough sadly. But miracles happen!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I find it odd that people are saying we have nothing to play far. Given the way the results have gone this week Europe bizarrely is back on if we ever start winning games again. Not too mention our berth in the top ten is under threat now.

Be it the very faint hopes of European football, or the prestige of racking up another top ten finish (and the associated cash bonus), not to mention the opportunity to make a statement by getting results at home against the top of the table clubs I'd say that there is still plenty to play for.

Quite disheartening to see how disinterested some people are in our remaining fixtures.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
He spent most of his formative youth in Brighton yet still described gay people as 'poofs' in the Sun. What a c**t.
Bowled him out for 0 when he was playing for Newick CC.

Please take that as a blow for gay rights...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here