Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
2 big holes to fill

200.gif

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
This has the potential to be a very tough game. Luton will be absolutely buzzing and I feel first goal here is very important. On paper, we have the strength do the job but with the ongoing Caicedo saga I hope heads are in the right place. Had it all been wrapped up nicely yesterday then I would be feeling different but this is either one of those frustrating 0-1 defeats where we have 94% possession and 214 shots in target. Or a comfortable 3 or 4 - 0. Please be the latter.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Who will play RB. De Zerbi seems to like to start with Gross. Not that he is better than Veltman but gives him a chance to start someone with more flare in midfield and put Gross back to MF later in game. He certainly does not like to leave Gross out

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Who will play RB. De Zerbi seems to like to start with Gross. Not that he is better than Veltman but gives him a chance to start someone with more flare in midfield and put Gross back to MF later in game. He certainly does not like to leave Gross out
my guess:

steele
Veltman, Dunk, `Webster, Pervis
Gilmour, Gross
March, Dahoud/Joao Pedro, Mitoma
Welbz

Strong bench of
Enciso, JPVH, Dahour/Joao Pedro, Ferguson, Bart, Alzate, Igor, Lallana, Ayari

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Tricky game but if Luton ‘go at teams and have a tear up’ as their manager suggests that will play into our hands and we have the quality to punish them.

I am going with 3-0

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wasn't at all impressed with @Dick Head during pre-season, I felt he wasn't even trying during the Premier League summer series in the States, but he's back to his best today against Luton in the season opener with this thread. (y)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Today dictates the next 9 months. Scarf washed and clean for the season, away shirt as always, but which socks, shoes, underwear & jeans. Superstition dictates todays clothing is used all season (obviously washed weekly).

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Today dictates the next 9 months. Scarf washed and clean for the season, away shirt as always, but which socks, shoes, underwear & jeans. Superstition dictates todays clothing is used all season (obviously washed weekly).
I’ve gone for new lucky boxers this season brought a pair of brighton oddball boxers the other day these are the boxers I will be wearing all season (washed before wear obviously)

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Repaired the hole in my BHA lucky socks last night, ready for today's wearing. First time I've ever "darned" a sock and probably did it all wrong (didn't resort to any kind of guidance as to how to do it), but hopefully with the right hand big toe back under cover things will run well.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
:albion2:Well done Dick, I knew we could rely on you to provide this thread . Football at last ! I have missed it . As for today? I don’t know..... What will the team be today? What about this Luton side ?
It will be a tough game . Everyone expects Luton to be whipping boys but you know our record with lowly sides ..
At the moment I hardly care . We have the Albion at 3 pm today and I love it !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports