Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Muzza agrees Fabinho red card all day long..."terrible challenge"

what the hell is Swarbrick in VAR doing? Gross incompetence or outright bias?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Completely the right result.

Liverpool should've been down to 10 players.

56% possession. After the 1st half, it was 54%.

13 shots against 8.

6 shots on target against 2. Liverpool didn't have one in the 2nd half.

Let's not be coy or 'small club just happy to be here' modest, we deserve everything that we're getting on the field at the moment.

Last edited:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Chelsea forums now saying they should be after Mitoma - you couldn't make it up
Why go on other teams message boards just after a fabulous win :unsure: Just keep on NSC. (y)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Chelsea forum now suggesting they have agreed to stump up the cash finally for Enzo! Might take some pressure off us if true.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Well to be fair if its to go to the club currently 5 points clear at the top of the league...

... not that I agree with the way Caicedo and his agents have handled things in any way whatsoever ftr
I honestly believe that if we can keep this squad together and maybe improve it with Moder and loanees returning in the Summer we will be a top 6 team next season.
Maybe then the vultures will look elsewhere.
You don’t see City poaching from Chelsea or Arsenal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thats how we muthafucking roll in Japan.

That's. How. We. Roll.

(we need a mic drop emoji)

Improvise
🎤⬇️

Or gif
mic drop GIF by Malaea

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Liverpool can console themselves for failing to make Europe with a nice cup run.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton's Lewis Dunk on ITV: "Sometimes you have to win a game like that. We weren't great today but managed to grind it out against a top side. They are top players and top strikers, especially after the win 15 days ago when we were very good and beat them.

"We knew they wanted to come back but we dug in. We feel like we can beat anyone on our best days and we showed here we can do it on our not so good days. We just need to keep pushing on."

On Kaoru Mitoma: "It's nice to have him in our side, I'm glad I'm not chasing him. He's a top player and he's come out of nowhere. We are lucky to have him in our team and hopefully we can keep him. We'll take it game by game."

On his goal: "Of course I didn't [mean it], it just hit me but I needed one like that it has been a while."

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Completely the right result.

Liverpool should've been down to 10 players.

56% possession. After the 1st half, it was 54%.

13 shots against 8.

6 shots on target against 2. Liverpool didn't have one in the 2nd half.

Let's not be coy or 'small club just happy to be here' modest, we deserve everything that we're getting on the field at the moment.
McCoist said they’d had the better chances in the second half

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Klopp's tactics, especially second half, were designed to stop our build very early. They looked a completely different team than last time. We struggled to get through. Steele played well, but is not as effective as RS with the ball at his feet. Pascal had a hard day against the press, with very little room to play. The addition of Billy Gilmour gave us an extra 'small spaces' midfielder. He did well. Veltman is a fantastic defender, but I can see why he's not getting picked at centre half by RDZ. It may have been Liverpool being good, but he didn't look as comfortable with the 'draw them on' plan. Some dodgy challenges from them and very poor decisions by the officials towards the end and it was karma that we won it ugly especially as the attack came from one of the free kicks. Two goals kind of from set pieces!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here