Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Definitely is a mentality thing. I read on the Guardian message board someone described us as 'gutless' bit harsh but he/she made the point that we never seem to believe we'll win. Even when we go a goal up teams are confident against us. It's kind of true.

I think it has got to that stage now. We don't believe we can win and our opponents are pretty sure they've still got a great chance, even if we go one up. Not a good psychological mindset for a relegation battle. We need to find some belief from somewhere soon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it has got to that stage now. We don't believe we can win and our opponents are pretty sure they've still got a great chance, even if we go one up. Not a good psychological mindset for a relegation battle. We need to find some belief from somewhere soon.

It’s happened twice in the last nine league games that we’ve conceded a late winner. It’s hardly a trend, just feels like one because it’s two of the last three

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Up until now I think the psychological issues were with the forwards. It’s now gone on so long I think the whole tram will be affected, especially after yesterday. They play excellent, creative and wonderful football and it is a pleasure to watch their play. It’s a crime that they can’t find the net and this is no way Potter’s fault. He sets them up to create goals and they do create them by the bucketful - it’s just the finishing. All goalies and defenders are going to make the odd mistake and shouldn’t be slaughtered for that.
Replacing Potter is not the solution, even if we get relegated. We just need someone to click up front, whether that be someone at the club at the moment or someone new.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
The project is bigger than Potter, he's just the coach currently appointed to deliver the Brighton football philosophy as managed by Ashworth.

This is partly why I can't get fully behind a coach that delivers such poor results, the club will have other people in mind who may do a better job.

to be fair, it couldn’t be too hard to do a better job and actually get points

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
It’s happened twice in the last nine league games that we’ve conceded a late winner. It’s hardly a trend, just feels like one because it’s two of the last three

Maybe not a trend but we just seem so vulnerable towards the end of games at the moment, almost like we expect to concede.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Well at least we know the clubs Christmas pantomime this year will be Puss in Boots.
No typecast issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Overall Leicester were better than us, suck it up. It does hurt though :down:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Up until now I think the psychological issues were with the forwards. It’s now gone on so long I think the whole tram will be affected, especially after yesterday. They play excellent, creative and wonderful football and it is a pleasure to watch their play. It’s a crime that they can’t find the net and this is no way Potter’s fault. He sets them up to create goals and they do create them by the bucketful - it’s just the finishing. All goalies and defenders are going to make the odd mistake and shouldn’t be slaughtered for that.
Replacing Potter is not the solution, even if we get relegated. We just need someone to click up front, whether that be someone at the club at the moment or someone new.

I wouldn’t call two shots on target and 36% possession at home to a team missing half their team ‘excellent’.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wouldn’t call two shots on target and 36% possession at home to a team missing half their team ‘excellent’.

To be fair we were pretty good first half and they were missing four first team regulars we were missing three. No idea what happened second half though, we had more rest, they played midweek and arguably we had more/better options on the bench.

The only glimmer of positivity I can draw from last night was that the players have good mental strength to keep playing pretty well at times despite finding horrendous ways to lose matches. No signs of Potter having lost the faith of the players ... yet.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
To be fair we were pretty good first half and they were missing four first team regulars we were missing three. No idea what happened second half though, we had more rest, they played midweek and arguably we had more/better options on the bench.

The only glimmer of positivity I can draw from last night was that the players have good mental strength to keep playing pretty well at times despite finding horrendous ways to lose matches. No signs of Potter having lost the faith of the players ... yet.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The only glimmer of positivity I can draw from last night is that we didn't miss a penalty. :rolleyes:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Potter's post match interview, he said that Leicester 'responded in the second half' - and tbh I thought he sounded surprised, FFS. It's the one thing about Potter that I'm really not happy with - he just doesn't seem to realise that other managers will go in at half time and set their team up to come out with a plan to counter what we were doing well in the first half. It then seems to take him 25 minutes to realise that the opposition manager has worked us out, and then make very often pretty much like-for-like changes (Hughtonesque in that respect - shame, as in his early days he made some really good substitutions).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

That’s why I’m astonished we don’t give Maupay a rest. Yes he works hard. But he must be a dream to play against at times as you know he won’t score.

Tau not getting off the bench the last few games. Perplexing to me, as he looked really threatening with lots of pace at City.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Potter's post match interview, he said that Leicester 'responded in the second half' - and tbh I thought he sounded surprised, FFS. It's the one thing about Potter that I'm really not happy with - he just doesn't seem to realise that other managers will go in at half time and set their team up to come out with a plan to counter what we were doing well in the first half..

He did in our unbeaten run thought right?

Potter is not clueless and he’s not a genius. The truth is somewhere in the middle. I do think he’s hampered by the players we have up front.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He did in our unbeaten run thought right?

Potter is not clueless and he’s not a genius. The truth is somewhere in the middle. I do think he’s hampered by the players we have up front.

Did he? - or did the opposition managers not get their re-calculations just right?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Once again - a soft underbelly - the game should have been put to bed in the first half.

After a four game aberration normal service appears to have been resumed.

Brighton currently have the worst form in the PL and the only thing that is saving the bacon at the moment is the fact that Fulham have to play Liverpool and Man City in their next two games. But a Newcastle win today and the team is bottoming out facing the relegation zone. The next two games are crucial, especially the game against Newcastle in two weeks time. Potter is rapidly running out of games to stop the rot.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Once again - a soft underbelly - the game should have been put to bed in the first half.

After a four game aberration normal service appears to have been resumed.

Brighton currently have the worst form in the PL and the only thing that is saving the bacon at the moment is the fact that Fulham have to play Liverpool and Man City in their next two games. But a Newcastle win today and the team is bottoming out facing the relegation zone. The next two games are crucial, especially the game against Newcastle in two weeks time. Potter is rapidly running out of games to stop the rot.

"Brittle Brighton" Jonathan Pearce

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
With 20mins to go only looked like Leicester could win. Crying out for a midfield battler to come on to stop them coming forward but none available. Alternative was to push White into midfield and bring on a Duffy type but alas also no defenders on bench. Where was Karpow who could have replaced Burn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here