Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
But we sat off them and invited the pressure in the second half after a brilliant first half performance. Why hasn't Potter learnt that you can't sit back on a 1-0 lead? Why hasn't he learnt that the high pressing and speedy transition of the first half suits us much better? Why hasn't he learnt that Ali J is not the ****ing answer?

Leicester are a really good team. They’re pushing for Champions League.

Posts like this drive me nuts. You talk as if it’s all down to us. Fair enough if you’re talking home to Brom or something. but tonight was another good team and coach also fighting to win. Leicester were superb in that 2nd half.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Point 1. I am really not enjoying watching us play. It’s awful seeing us play well and not score and lose, or score and then not have the mental aptitude to see it through. Bar those 3 wins after Xmas the whole season has been excruciating to watch.

Potter certainly wasn’t intelligent tonight. He’s had an absolute shocker imo.

Agree. I don't like watching us at all this season when we're so close to the relegation zone.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Recently we were tenacious and brave securing 1 - 0 wins against quality opposition now we are light weight and eminently beatable running out of steam despite having more rest than Leicester. Failing to beat teams around us was our problem if we follow the same pattern against mid/upper table teams we will be in big trouble.

Saying that I still think we will stay up but thats mainly down to being fortunate that three teams are poorer than we are. Assuming we do sray up Potter has to get off to a good start next season or he can bog off.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Very honest interview from Lallana on Sky. Only missed out saying why wasn't I taken off around 55 minutes? Really hope Potter comes out and shows the same level of dismay rather than trot out the rather passive clichés.

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
It's team that lacks character and resilience. Too many players who just don't have the physical intensity for the Premier League, starting with Gross and especially Trossard. No evidence of any leadership, either on the pitch or from the manager. Every game follows a predictable pattern, and then a mistake (or two tonight) means that we lose again. We need competitors, both on and off the field.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
That was absolutely disgraceful, disgusting performance

But that's the problem and frustration isnt it ? It wasn't a disgraceful and disgusting performance.

We were very good in the first half , scored a good goal , were inches offside for another and hit the post with a header that might have crept in. I think a fair reflection at half time might have been 3-1.

However, the second half was baffling and most frustrating . We looked jaded and dropped off and made two defensive mistakes , one a goalie howler. But I guess that's were we are with so many low budget players and better players injured.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Great interview with Lallana there. Actually saw some disappointment and honesty as opposed to captain no personality Potter.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He sucks his teeth and offers **** all

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bloom sacked Hughton because he had put our Premier League status at jeopardy. Potter is doing exactly the same.

Not only that, Bloom also said “the performances” were a factor.

I don’t disagree that GPs job could be a risk. But it’s not as simple as being close to relegation.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
The project is bigger than Potter, he's just the coach currently appointed to deliver the Brighton football philosophy as managed by Ashworth.

This is partly why I can't get fully behind a coach that delivers such poor results, the club will have other people in mind who may do a better job.

Well said. However for exactly the same reasons I wouldn’t sack a coach so obviously being let down by his players. Results are the key metric at the end of the day, but performances etc are also something you have to take into account.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am behind whatever GP decides. I love the way we are playing after wanting to kill myself in the last three months of CH’s tenure.

I get that some want him out, I don’t

GP makes blunders, we should be open and not blindly concur because we play prettier football than the 2018/19 dirge.

Mac Allister off - an awful call, with Lallana he creates and drives us forward.

Alzate - other than a deflected goal, he has no form in any position.

Trossard - that was a 2/10 performance, but kept on.

Jahanbakhsh - one of the worst Albion EPL players, yet we keep seeing the bloke.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Probably missing Webster more than anything. With him in the team, White in the CDM role and Bissouma a little further forward. It's a mistake to play Lallana and Gross because of the lack of pace.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I’ve been Potter in, however our game management and substitutions are baffling.

I knew would be AJ before the cameraman caught up, how exactly does that help us in any shape or form? At let’s be honest it’s not the first time either.

Gross / Biss / Trossard / Lallana all obviously knackered from the first half press. Why was MacAllister taken off?

I stand by my view that Izzy or Tau should have been brought on at 70 minutes to give us a credible threat and outlet.

This is becoming soul destroying and to the earlier posters you’re ****ing right, it’s the hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your last line just sums it up at the moment, for me football is supposed to be an escape from the crap of the working week and for the past year that has not been the case I miss the crack with mates at the ground or in the pub watching games over a pint but Covid has robbed us of that, so I watch at home on TV. Now that is becoming soul destroying - what can I hope this season 4th from bottom wow after 4 seasons in the league I would like to have seen some improved just slightly.

Yes I know the argument about improved football under Potter and all the potential but that can only last for so long and for a lot of the time its great to watch but I know how the games are going to end there is no mystic and even the hope is ebbing away. I dot have the answers and I am not a Potter out man but just occasionally I would like to enjoy the games when we are on top and supposedly dominating teams.

Tonight Trossard was a passenger so it was like playing with 10 and second half the Llama and Cross were knackered so what were the subs all about, are they prearranged before the game does MacAllister have to be home before 9:30 because his mum does like him out late at night? Potter f**ked up second half tonight and looking at his departure he knew it.

Still we have the cricket forget that, rugby forget that, beer.

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
Christ, I really can't bring myself to keep cheering on the other sides now. It's ruined the f***k**g weekend anyway. If Fulham lose their next couple then at least they've got the top two IMO out of the way.

A first covid jab or a Brighton win? The trees would have blossomed before either bloody happens. I'm so fed up. :censored:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not saying he should be sacked but are we saying there isn't another coach in world football who will have us playing good football but be more clinical and concentrate for 95+ mins? Its not our job to name names but I'd be amazed if Bloom and Ashworth haven't got names lined up if needed.

Try;

'but are we saying there aren't other offensive players in world football who will continue to have us playing good football but be more clinical and concentrate for 95+ mins?'

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Potter looks like he needs a good glass of something strong tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here