Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
The first half we did not turn up and Leicester bossed the game. Second half much better, we were getting on top before their breakaway goal. Difference between midtable / lower half premium league side and top 6 one was shown with them scoring from 1 end to the other in 15 seconds. We cannot do this. Slow build up and a reluctance to have a shot. 0 shots on goal all game. I think we have enough to stay up this season but the next 3 look very tough and it would be a test if we lose 5 in a row and how we would react to that. Liverpool is damage limitation, Arsenal we could get a point and same Wolves at home. We have been disappointing the last 2 games no doubt about that and I think Potter will be disappointed with it. Onwards and upwards. Goal has to be to stay up again and carry on with the Potter style which has been good to watch most of the season and then push on again next season

Absolute spot on post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Spence. I don't think you can claim he is a Bad Manager" - He has possibly got the job by virtue of his style of football being known to and endorsed by Ashworth.

He can't then suddenly just abandon that philosophy this early when it is yielding more than a point per game at this stage in the season and the fans are for the most part happy with how things are going.

If things change and his style of play stops yielding one win out of every three games. At that point it will be interesting to see whether he has the strength of character to go against the philosophy he was employed to carry out in order to yield more points.

I think at the moment he is on target to achieve what he was employed to do so mostly all good.

How he manages some of the players not currently in the team will be a good guide to how good a Manager he is. It will be interesting to see if Bissouma plays now that he is fit.

For me so far his Management has been decent given his lack of experience at this level but how he deals with the tougher issues in the coming months will determine whether you are right or wrong.

At the moment for me your constant negative "default position" is incorrect; however I do agree with you. There are some "warning signs" afoot.

I think if he can keep the team out of the bottom 3 in these next difficult run if games the I think everything might be fine.

The way we defend and setup is beyond our playing budget and the players Potter has at his disposal. If you and many others cannot see the embarrassing defensive frailties and tactics that leave us wide open on the flanks then maybe i'm simply ahead and see things which really matters.
At this moment he isn't a good manager at this level.
As for being constant negative that's just drivel like a lot written about me on here. Come back to me in a May and we will see.
We have absolutely no chance ever of getting a point away from home against a top 6 six side this season. I actually feel more confident of Hughton's setup in getting a draw and that says something when we manage just a single point(Arsenal)
Open your eyes when we play Liverpool. Yes we are going to get beat. Watch how many gilt edge chances they have. It will be high in double figures. That's because we are so easy to play against. We are not far away from being hammered by 6 or 7.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
The way we defend and setup is beyond our playing budget and the players Potter has at his disposal. If you and many others cannot see the embarrassing defensive frailties and tactics that leave us wide open on the flanks then maybe i'm simply ahead and see things which really matters.
As for being constant negative that's just drivel like a lot written about me on here. Come back to me in a May and we will see.
We have absolutely no chance ever of getting a point away from home against a top 6 six side this season. I actually feel more confident of Hughton's setup in getting a draw and that says something when we manage just a single point(Arsenal)
Open your eyes when we play Liverpool. Yes we are going to get beat. Watch have many gilt edge chances they have. It will be high in double figures. That's because we are so easy to play against. We are not far away from being hammered by 6 or 7.

do you actually support Brighton?

genuine question

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The first half we did not turn up and Leicester bossed the game. Second half much better, we were getting on top before their breakaway goal. Difference between midtable / lower half premium league side and top 6 one was shown with them scoring from 1 end to the other in 15 seconds. We cannot do this. Slow build up and a reluctance to have a shot. 0 shots on goal all game. I think we have enough to stay up this season but the next 3 look very tough and it would be a test if we lose 5 in a row and how we would react to that. Liverpool is damage limitation, Arsenal we could get a point and same Wolves at home. We have been disappointing the last 2 games no doubt about that and I think Potter will be disappointed with it. Onwards and upwards. Goal has to be to stay up again and carry on with the Potter style which has been good to watch most of the season and then push on again next season

It was a shit performance. No need for the rest of the spill. Home game and our keeper is MOTM. Enough said.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was a shit performance. No need for the rest of the spill

It was poor today. I think however you have set yourself up to be the pantomine nsc villian and feed on it spence. I do think you actually hope we lose so you can go off on one, again. It is attention seeking no more, no less. You might need to address why you are so angry spence for your own mental health. I do not mean this in a nasty way as I can have the same tendancy

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Even though I have the troll on ignore he really ruins any motivation to try to discuss the game in a more serious or in-depth manner.. toxic shit

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Open your eyes when we play Liverpool. Yes we are going to get beat. Watch how many gilt edge chances they have. It will be high in double figures. That's because we are so easy to play against. We are not far away from being hammered by 6 or 7.

You haven't taken on board some of the points in my post. I agreed with you that there a warning signs afoot. I also tried to suggest to you a reason why GP hasn't altered his style of play thus far.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh I get it! - you mean the "the embarrassing defensive frailties and tactics" that have seen us concede the same number of goals in 13 games (and score more) that Hughton's well-drilled defence conceded in the first 13 games of last season. And that was at a time when Hughton's team was gaining most of the points that saved us last time round.

Tell you what - why don't you just do the being embarrassed for the rest of us? Save us the bother.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You haven't taken on board some of the points in my post. I agreed with you that there a warning signs afoot. I also tried to suggest to you a reason why GP hasn't altered his style of play thus far.

I have taken on board what you have said and i don't agree with you. Man management skills ? We have no idea do we ? The players seem happy enough.

On the flip side we have a striker who asked to leave. Duffy who wasn't very happy at being dropped for either Webster or Burn. I can see him handing in a transfer request if it continues. He is to good to be sitting on a bench

The positives are the young players he has given a chance,

At the end of the day it's all about points. Something that we are going to learn the hard way. I have very little faith in Potter and that 2nd goal about sums him up.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
The 1st half was like watching a hughton brighton team. They were like a boxer trying not to lose & got the job done with nil nil at half time.

2nd half a potter team came out & looked quite impressive. Until we had a corner & ridiculously floated it out for a Stephens volley- which resulted in a Leicester break & nearly a goal. Then we had several chances to shoot on the edge of their box & didn't & contrived to lose it & they break and scored. We then got done on the break 2 or 3 times, until propper who had a bad 5 minutes giving the ball away 4 times in a row with the 4th an outside of the boot pass across the edge of the box - which as was evident, is not a good idea at all

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As I thought that he was our only stand out player who could hold his own against Leicester.

Agree with your posts today, other than the Propper nonsense.

After a very special team performance over Spuds, we universally dished out 8’s, 9’s and 10’s to the entire team. They outclassed a CL team for 90 minutes.

To give Propper an elevated score today on a par with the Spuds match player ratings, for allegedly displaying some technique on the ball at times, is astonishing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Worryingly poor today against a Leicester side who I thought were poor by their standards too. They were profligate first half to say the least. 7 shots, none on target, didn’t look like scoring a goal today, that felt like Albion in March this year...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My god. Can you just imagine the w*nking FRENZY [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] is going to feverishly THRUM himself into next Saturday after we get dry-humped at Anfield ? His old chap is going to be whittled down to a withered bloodied STUMP by 7pm after the dippers have finished with us, and he's unleashed his copious post-match sputum all over this forum.

The poor fella is going to be exhausted.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
My god. Can you just imagine the w*nking FRENZY [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] is going to feverishly THRUM himself into next Saturday after we get dry-humped at Anfield ? His old chap is going to be whittled down to a withered bloodied STUMP by 7pm after the dippers have finished with us, and he's unleashed his copious post-match sputum all over this forum.

The poor fella is going to be exhausted.

Unfortunately for this Spence dude, we will beat Liverpool fair and square which means they will draw against us aided by VAR in 109th minute of play. A good point to be earned.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Oh I get it! - you mean the "the embarrassing defensive frailties and tactics" that have seen us concede the same number of goals in 13 games (and score more) that Hughton's well-drilled defence conceded in the first 13 games of last season. And that was at a time when Hughton's team was gaining most of the points that saved us last time round.

Last season after 13 games Brighton were in 12th place - after 15 games were 10th. Brighton's next two games are Liverpool away and Arsenal away.

Brighton are fortunate to be in the position they are at the moment - Leicester, not playing particularly well, could have scored a few more today. On top of that - there is no way of predicting how Brighton will perform over the remainder of the season. There have been quite a few unexpected results - including a couple today that are bottling up everything at the bottom.

I made this point before - there are 11 points separating Watford on bottom with Wolves in 5th - in the Championship there are 8 points between Fulham in 4th and Blackburn in 17th. Any team from 17th up in the Championship could get promoted - anyone from 5th down in the PL could potentially get relegated.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Really frustrating. Of course, Leicester are a top team with some superb players. But after the first 20 minutes I thought the game evened up by the break and in the first 15 minutes of the second half we were on top. To then give away the goal that we did was, to put it politely, naive. To put it less politely, totally embarrassing at this level. Leicester have to be the most deadly counter attacking team in the country and in Vardy they have the best counter attacking striker out there. It shouldn’t require a genius to know they’re a massive threat when we lose the ball. So why the bloody hell did we decide to leave Montoya as our only man back against Vardy from our own corner? I would suggest we should have been leaving THREE back to deal with him in that situation. Not one, and certainly not one as slow as Montoya. An amateur move that cost us, because from 0-1 we had no chance of getting back into it against a team as good as Leicester. If ever a game will show us how good Dunk is, this was it, but it could have been so different. I think we’d done the hard work in the first half so to throw it away like we did is so annoying.

So who would you have had to keep up with Vardy?

Or are you saying you'd have kept our entire defence back for our corner?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wasnt Vardy that we had to keep up with it was the man in the middle who he passed to on one occasion to score their first goal and on 2 others that they didnt score from.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here